World of Warcraft: Classic

Caporegime
We have a rogue twink who keeps coming to Westfall and waiting for people to come past with the Defias Traitor for that part of the Defias Brotherhood quest chain, who he then promptly kills. If you retaliate you're instantly flagged for PVP and he then zaps you in 2 seconds flat. You have no choice but to either group up, in which case he sees you and runs away like a little fairy with a burnt finger, or attempt it later. It's no exaggeration to say that he spends 3-4 hours there some nights, proudly flaunting his virginity for all to see.

Soldato
I might start a guild on my server for one insanely selfish reason... Lottery. The guild I'm currently in are not that big, fairly active. They do a weekly lottery, the guild takes 20% of the pot and the winner gets the remaining 80%. There is an addon that controls it, the player simply sends 50s per ticket to the character hosting the game, 25 tickets max. No alts. The pot was something like 950g this week!

I thought gambling was against TOS?

I think I remember lotteries back in the day though.

Associate
We have a rogue twink who keeps coming to Westfall and waiting for people to come past with the Defias Traitor for that part of the Defias Brotherhood quest chain, who he then promptly kills. If you retaliate you're instantly flagged for PVP and he then zaps you in 2 seconds flat. You have no choice but to either group up, in which case he sees you and runs away like a little fairy with a burnt finger, or attempt it later. It's no exaggeration to say that he spends 3-4 hours there some nights, proudly flaunting his virginity for all to see.

We have a level 60 undead rogue called Kry on skull flame that has camped the boat to theramore all weekend.

Stays hidden of course when a load of 60’s are on the boat.

Associate
PVP on a PVE server. If there ever was an oxymoron there you have it.

You can't world pvp on a pve server. I have done both and you can't simple as.

Well you can... obviously not everyone wants to flag/PVP but since the patch dropped there is raids on captials daily and the usual TM / SS rambles.

The server discord is just fully of toxic people blagging that they stomped X/Y even though they had 90+ people vs the 20 horde haha.

Associate
Yeah, I remember all the recount heroes just spamming all their cooldowns in 5 seconds just to top the meters whilst the poor tank is wondering wtf is going on. Dps are shocking for this too tbh. Another deadmines run tonight, one death (me), dinged 18. I love healing. Off to Redridge tomorrow.

Come join us on Nethergarde Keep, there are a few of us and we're always looking for fresh faces. Screw pvp, that's gonna cost Blizzard a ton of money. I suspect many will just quit because of it.
What's your guild/char name?

Associate
I hope they release some more content soon im only logging in once a week for 2 hours to clear molten core and do onyxia and I have no interest in pvp I might cancel my subscription and wait for shadowlands.

Soldato
PVP on a PVE server. If there ever was an oxymoron there you have it.

You can't world pvp on a pve server. I have done both and you can't simple as.

eh? ever heard of /pvp?

Been pvping in Hillsbrad for the last few days, not as fun as the BGs but still fun.

I said right at the start I wasnt going to roll on a PVP server because leveling will be annoying... lo and behold, plenty of complaints about leveling on a pvp server.

Soldato
eh? ever heard of /pvp?

Been pvping in Hillsbrad for the last few days, not as fun as the BGs but still fun.

I said right at the start I wasnt going to roll on a PVP server because leveling will be annoying... lo and behold, plenty of complaints about leveling on a pvp server.
Yes but "killing it" really? Maybe you just massively outnumber the Hordes that are choosing to take part, that doesn't mean the alliance are "killing it" it just means you have numbers.

I hope they release some more content soon im only logging in once a week for 2 hours to clear molten core and do onyxia and I have no interest in pvp I might cancel my subscription and wait for shadowlands.
So you have all your pre raid BiS, full consumables, farmed everything you need and are bang ready to rock and roll come p2? or you are a raid logger in a guild that isn't fussed about all of that and is just happy to clear content at a relaxed pace?
There is plenty to do in the game, you just have to choose to do it. More content isn't required to play the game and do new things.

Soldato
I've resisted playing for long enough but tempted..

I'm guessing levelling on a PvP server would be a nightmare at this stage, is it possible to level on a PVE server then transfer to a PVP server?

Caporegime
I've resisted playing for long enough but tempted..

I'm guessing levelling on a PvP server would be a nightmare at this stage, is it possible to level on a PVE server then transfer to a PVP server?

No, there are no transfers atm. If your idea of fun is getting shredded by max level players when you're level 10 then go for it, but we all bounced from PVP servers because it's serving zero purpose other than to make people think their mums should've swallowed. It's griefing, plain and simple. If it was now and then I could handle it but it got to the point where we were corpse running more than actually playing and half the server was corpse camping bell ends just ruining other peoples' days for no reason other than being dick.

Soldato
It's always been like that, It's annoying yes, but, that's just part and parcel of playing on a PVP server. It gets better when you get to places like STV or Hillsbrad. Not too bad when you're leveling a second toon, as you just have your main (or other 60 toon) near by so you can repay the ganking. Call it Karma.

Back
Top Bottom