World of Warcraft: Classic

Caporegime
They only did that because player numbers were dropping and some servers emptied. So queues were never ending on some.

The current Blizzard is not the old one though. The good developers are long gone.

They just need to merge servers when this happens. The horde Vs alliance community would still be there. I remember when I went Field Marshal you knew exactly who you were getting in every game of battlegrounds. Like wise they knew exactly who you were. Some epic rivalries were born from this.

Man of Honour
I’m pretty excited. But then I’ve been nostalgic enough times about games then been bitterly disappointed when going back to them. I think this might be another game like that

I spent far too much of my first year at uni on vanilla wow, was so damn good. But then would I enjoy it today? Games have come along way...

Associate
43b.png

Associate
Just realised, this will mean the proper ZG will make a return \o/

Last time I (soloing) was in there was nine minutes before Cata' went live & had just managed to hit exalted :D

Caporegime
I’m pretty excited. But then I’ve been nostalgic enough times about games then been bitterly disappointed when going back to them. I think this might be another game like that

I spent far too much of my first year at uni on vanilla wow, was so damn good. But then would I enjoy it today? Games have come along way...
I wondered the same, and gave Nostalrius a go.

It really was better. Yes there are a lot of improvements since, and personally BC was the best - Black Temple was the pinnacle of raiding for me, but I loved it. I for one will be very interested to see how this pans out.

Soldato
I am looking forward to this too. I started playing WoW just after TBC was released and had some great fun. I never got past level 33 though as I had real life things to do. Played the game since on all expansions but Legion never grabbed me, I think I am at 102 or 103 currently. there seems too much faffing around with various game modes, phasing etc. It's good that the game is growing and trying different things but WoW, TBC and Wrath are the best things ever to happen to WoW.

Anyway enough of current retail.

I too played on Nost and Elysium once it transferred over. I created (re-created) my first ever character. Droolinggimp Orc Warrior on the Maelstrom server where some of my RL friends played on. Playing on Nost was fun, hard as there where hundreds of players queueing to kill Sarkoth. That sort of ruined it at the start. I letf it a few weeksa nd went back. Plenty of player leveling and no-one camping mobs to tag. All was good.

I think this will be a good call by Blizzard. I am really looking forward to it.

Caporegime
I wondered the same, and gave Nostalrius a go.

It really was better. Yes there are a lot of improvements since, and personally BC was the best - Black Temple was the pinnacle of raiding for me, but I loved it. I for one will be very interested to see how this pans out.

You ever did C'Thun or Naxx Vanilla? Was better than anything I did in TBC.

Soldato
Will they include the honour for killing city guards? Had a lot of fun early on with large groups invading Alliance territory with several "raid" groups, even if I was only level 13 at the time.

Soldato
You ever did C'Thun or Naxx Vanilla? Was better than anything I did in TBC.

C'Thun was both one of the best, and easily the worst boss I've ever had the pleasure and displeasure of fighting :p It was insanely buggy, to the point of even getting in the room was a chore, and pre-nerf was deemed to be impossible to beat. It almost killed my guild as we slammed our faces into him for weeks. But the satisfaction of killing it in the end was immense, even if we did need to wait a good month or so for nerfs.

Back
Top Bottom