World of Warcraft - Hunter

Soldato
I didnt "hear" it anywhere, its a fact.

Fight something then feign at 50% while your pets beating on it the whole time and check the exp you get at the end of it compared to fighting the same mob without feigning. You will get roughly 50% of the experiance or less.

Soldato
just got my first pet :)

A Wolf Alpha at the same level as me :D

Im starting to zoom up the levels my self now that i have a pet, it can go on real monster bashing campaigns and rack up exp fast!

Soldato
Lord-Jaffa said:
I didnt "hear" it anywhere, its a fact.

Fight something then feign at 50% while your pets beating on it the whole time and check the exp you get at the end of it compared to fighting the same mob without feigning. You will get roughly 50% of the experiance or less.

Never heard of that, and havent been at a level where im getting XP for a very very long time.
However im sure that this cannot be true, since the WoW forums would be spammed by complaints over it

Soldato
WOW has really started to kick off for me since getting my pet, the money is flowing in and im plowing through levels. My wolf helps me kick preverbial bottom, i can go through entire dungeons multiple times over :D

Soldato
unfortunately im in the same position, been over half a year now of my hunter being 60 so cant really prove right or wrong for myself. I certainly dont remember it being the case though, its just aggro reduction though if your pet is in combat too, not combat breaking.

Are you partied when you do this? as that may have some consequence, then again thinking about it, if a low level hits a creature and a high level then kills it in 1 hit, they dont get much xp for it. Wonder if the same applies, but theres not really a level difference between you and your pet.

Simple solution, play better and dont FD ;)

Associate
OP
I know im being really dumb hre but what do you guys mean by BM is that an

instance like WC (wailing caverns) or another teminlogy. I know I lose exp

with feign death but it has saved me a lot of hassle sometimes especially in

instances as it gives me enough chance to get my health back with a

bandage then go back into the fight

:D

Soldato
Shadow Phoenix said:
I know im being really dumb hre but what do you guys mean by BM is that an

instance like WC (wailing caverns) or another teminlogy. I know I lose exp

with feign death but it has saved me a lot of hassle sometimes especially in

instances as it gives me enough chance to get my health back with a

bandage then go back into the fight

:D

BM is the Beast Mastery talent tree for hunters.

Permabanned
nope don't think there is.

edit :you can only name it once. Right below your health and mana bars there is a smaller set of bars for the pet, its health and focus bars. If you right click on the picture of the pet you should get a drop down menu.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Make sure its the name you want as you can only name your pets once. of

course you can go out and tame another pet thats the same if you want to

change its name but you will have to retrain all abilities and gain loyalty all

over again

Associate
Indeed a LOL is in order for ppl who thing BM is the best for DPS.

BM is probably the best for grinding as your pet will be able to tank 3-4 mobs no probs.

But all your points are in your pet so the hunters damage will suffer and your pets DPS isnt great.

Back
Top Bottom