Worried About Network Integrity

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Need some advice on what you would do next to stop this happening again.

I have a little remote desktop that I use for Plex server and CCTV camera monitoring. When I tired to log in yesterday it was acting extremely slow and crashing, didn't get a chance to look at it properly until this morning which is when I found some pretty scary things.

Going through event viewer on the server I can see hundreds of attempted logins from Russian looking usernames, this is also backed up by loads of entries on the router event log showing:
Code:
DoS(SYN Flooding): IN=ppp0 OUT= MAC= SRC=91.240.118.17 DST=**.***.***.*** LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=245 ID=34826 PROTO=TCP SPT=41179 DPT=13914 WINDOW=1024 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x8000000

Would would you next steps be?

I'm equally concerned that I have an external harddrive on the same network that I store backups from my phone on, PC document backups and the CCTV footage and there was some new rules added to the router, but they look like UPnP ones as they look auto added, not manually configured, which I quickly deleted, but I have had problems accessing that so I'm concerned that may have been compromised, as I'm not able to investigate as I'm about to go to work, I've just turned it off.

Code:
Port forwarding rule added via UPnP/TR064. Protocol: TCP, external ports: any->9091, internal ports: 80, internal client: ***.***.*.**
Quickly followed by
Code:
Port forwarding rule deleted via UPnP/TR064. Protocol: TCP, external ports: any->9091, internal client: ***.***.*.**
The router isn't showing that it has uploaded much data to the web at all, only 114mb which was probably me before, considering there is GB's on there I don't think they've managed to get it.

All of this is worrying me quite a lot.

I've also just seen this is a load more DoS (SYN Flooding) events whilsts I've been typing this.

My apologies if I'm slow to reply, I'm leaving for work shortly, just glad I had the chance to look at this morning and hopefully limit the damage.

Edit:

Also just found this in MalwareBytes (No, it may not be the best, but it was just a quick install to double check everything)

Code:
Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 05/07/2020
Protection Event Time: 06:31
Log File: c8d59eec-be80-11ea-8f5e-b8aeed75d622.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.1.2.73
Components Version: 1.0.972
Update Package Version: 1.0.26427
Licence: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: Compromised
Domain:
IP Address: 185.202.2.147
Port: 14561
Type: Inbound
File: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
(end)

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you access your cctv monitoring? You say "remote desktop", so are you externally rdp'ing to a pc on your home network, or does the cctv have some sort of Web server that allows access?

It sounds like you're probably taking the rdp approach, which I always thought was a no-no unless you really lock it down.

You don't need rdp for plex server. So it really comes down to how the cctv can be used externally.

Soldato
OP
Rdp is more to check that things are working correctly as it has to convert the save video footage from .264 to .MP4 and the program has been crashing a lot.

CCTV is actually linked via iVideon server. The computer is running a server that sends the video feeds to app on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom