Worth picking up a PSP lite in the US or at the airport

SIB

SIB

Associate
Well, i'm off to Vegas tomorrow and was thinking of picking up a PSP lite while i was there. Obviously it will need the power supply changed for a UK one but onther than that it should be fine to use here i assume?

Or would i be better just getting one VAT free at the airport? At least that way it will be a genuine UK version for warrenty purposes, etc.

JUst to add more to the mix, i hear the US are getting limited edition ones with Star Wars graphics, etc which sound pretty interesting....Decisions decisions.

Oh, I already have a DS Lite so no need to advise me to get one of those instead!!

Caporegime
Well, i'm off to Vegas tomorrow and was thinking of picking up a PSP lite while i was there. Obviously it will need the power supply changed for a UK one but onther than that it should be fine to use here i assume?

Or would i be better just getting one VAT free at the airport? At least that way it will be a genuine UK version for warrenty purposes, etc.

JUst to add more to the mix, i hear the US are getting limited edition ones with Star Wars graphics, etc which sound pretty interesting....Decisions decisions.

Oh, I already have a DS Lite so no need to advise me to get one of those instead!!

I was thinking of the Star Wars one myself, but the game bundled with it looks like poo. The allure of the case being a unique limited edition deign wasn't enough to sway me getting one without warranty.

If you are after a bargain then get one in USA, if you want piece of mind and the warranty then spend a few bucks more and get it duty free or in the UK.

Having said that my first PSP was a launch USA one and is still going strong (the allure of a newer slimmer one now means I have one of each!!).

If you do get the USA one the power supply is multi voltage and has a brick with a figure of 8 cable, so you just need to find a figure 8 cable to swap it and make it UK.

Biggest issue for me is dead pixels, both my American one and my UK slim one had none, but it is a risk. Apart from that they are very reliable devices so chances are in your first year the warranty won't be an issue unless you get dead pixels.

If you get in the USA you can just open it check, it and then just take it back to the retailer (unlike here, the retailer will probably swap it for you instantly)

rp200

SIB

SIB

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the info, i have loads of the "8" cables from my camera, camcorder, etc so getting one of them won't be a problem.

It won't be getting a lot of use to be honest so i may just get either a standard one from the US or see if the Star Wars one looks worth the extra money :D. I had an original UK PSP but sold it a while ago and now miss it so if i can get the new one at a good price i'll be happy

Back
Top Bottom