Worth repairing a 2007 I5 Imac 27?

Associate
I think the logic board is gone or maybe something else, boots up but doesn't detect any hard drives (used newer ones to test) is it worth fixing or just junk it? I wanted to use it for the nipper etc, not really to be used for anything but internet and a bit of school work (just so you know what it's going to be used for in reference to worth of repair)
Also, I have stripped it down etc, checked all the leads.

Commissario
Erm, the 27" iMac didn't come into existence until late 2009 so I'll assume it's that because all the previous models were C2D based. If it's the logic board then you might find one here.

It can't run anything more recent than High Sierra so although it's only a couple of versions behind, that'll soon be three versions when Big Sur is released.

If you're prepared to take a punt on the logic board, it might be worth a try, I suppose it depends on how attached to it you are :)

Have you tried connecting a USB or firewire drive to it and seeing if it recognises that? An SSD connected by USB wouldn't be fantastic but it'd be usable.

Associate
OP
Erm, the 27" iMac didn't come into existence until late 2009 so I'll assume it's that because all the previous models were C2D based. If it's the logic board then you might find one here.

It can't run anything more recent than High Sierra so although it's only a couple of versions behind, that'll soon be three versions when Big Sur is released.

If you're prepared to take a punt on the logic board, it might be worth a try, I suppose it depends on how attached to it you are :)

Have you tried connecting a USB or firewire drive to it and seeing if it recognises that? An SSD connected by USB wouldn't be fantastic but it'd be usable.
Sorry you are right it's a 2010 model. Not attached to it at all, was just going to be given to my nipper so she could do internet stuff on, tbh I'll probably just chuck it. Thanks for the help though

Back
Top Bottom