• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worth upgrading from FX55 - FX60?

Permabanned
Title says all really, i had the FX60 until it went west on me!, i got refunded on it and stuck my 55 back in. Since i have upgraded again. now on a 7900gtx ubercolked 2gb Xpert ram, DFI Expert (cpu and GPU on water) is it worth goin back to the 60 or it worth waiting and go with AM2 in a few months?

What you guys think?

Has anyone gone from a 55 - 60 if so what did you notice?

Thanks

Associate
No use upgrading. Games at the moment are mostly single threaded - so you wouldn't see much of a difference there. (oblivion might though :confused: )

If anything wait for conroe and upgrade the lot, rather than spend the rediculous price for the fx60 - then you will see a difference! :D

EDIT: Woot! 100 posts!

Associate
Yo Callum get an Avatar from your control panel now you've reached 100+.

M!!Cook, for the price of an FX60 you could get a Conroe E6600 or E6700, 2GB G.Skill HZ PC2-6400 and an Intel Bad Axe motherboard. Now that would be worth the money.

Permabanned
OP
I know but what if i told you i would be getting the FX60 as a Direct swap for the FX55. what would that make you say?. I would indeed go towards conroe but... i am an Intel Murderer.
Will never touch one. Is that me being stubbon of stupid! lol

Associate
I'd say stubborn, the Conroe's offer amazing performance for the money but if you're getting the FX60 in a direct swap for your FX55 then that's fair enough. I was under the impression you were buying it new.

Permabanned
OP
hurmmm! ok! i still think i needs to see more facts n figs! money aint really the issue i just want optimum performance! if the AMD is to be better i will stay with them if the Conny proves to beter it then i will go over to the, but i dont know if you lot have heard but AMD have a suprise for us all! based on Vista! coming out in the AM2 core.

i am not making any sense here am i? lol.

Ok i have a FX55 - it is under warranty, i am going to take it back to supplier and have a refund then buy an FX60 (i can do this for sure)

i do a lot of gaming, dvd riping etc. and 3DMarks. just dont know if it is worth the hastle

Associate
As has been said before, sell the fx55, buy a conroe E6600, 2gb of decent ddr2 (Gskill) and an Intel Bad Axe motherboard. Really not worth the swap in my opinion (fx55 to fx60)

Back
Top Bottom