Would your future self send advice to your earlier self?

Soldato
Take a hit and get trained up. Join a local collage and do an evening course and take holiday to do the courses during the day.

I was in a similar situation. I was a trainee carpenter when I was younger but dropped out of collage. Ive spent the last 15 years without a skill but worked my way up as far as I could go. My employee refused to pay me more money and said if I wanted more I'd have to leave. I felt used and abused but the big Corp who didn't care about me or my skills and drive to get to a decent salary and position.

I spent the last year's worth of holiday days working back on the tools with a carpenter who then asked me to go self employed and work with him as he has work coming out if his ears.

3 months later and I've never been happier. I have my own tools and van and I'm relearning a trade. I'm better off financially as well as in my home life. I'm also my own boss which feels great.

If you want it just do it mate, you can do anything if you try hard enough to get there. Im 37 and people told me it was too late to change my career path. Its never too late but every day you spend procrastinating is another day lost.

Good luck

Thanks for that :) Yep I really need to just pull my finger out and take the plunge as it's only going to get harder the longer I put it off.

Soldato
Thanks for that :) Yep I really need to just pull my finger out and take the plunge as it's only going to get harder the longer I put it off.
Sorry I didnt mean to make it seem so simple. I guess it's easy for me to say and I only meant it as encouragement rather then condescending.

Unless I've read your reply wrong... Easy to do that with text rather than the spoken word and expressions lol.

Soldato
That girl, yeah her, she really, really isn't worth it and that other girl, she definitely is worth it don't dither.

That and, forget about law, it's a tedious game of nepotism, get involved in engineering instead.

Other than that I can roll with the punches I've taken.

Soldato
Don't rely heavily on Tinder as a means to get over a breakup, because although it may work in the short term, it ultimately leads to gonorrhoea.

Soldato
Instead of getting stupidly drunk and thinking "I'll get one later", buy the bloody house you wanted when you were 22 and could still afford it you mentalist!

Soldato
Sorry I didnt mean to make it seem so simple. I guess it's easy for me to say and I only meant it as encouragement rather then condescending.

Unless I've read your reply wrong... Easy to do that with text rather than the spoken word and expressions lol.

No, I read it as encouragement. :)

Soldato
Leave the country in your 20's would have been my main advice to self. More saving, less wasting money, more money into a pension etc etc etc.
Boring stuff really but it would have made a huge difference now. Life goes quickly kids, don't waste it.

Back
Top Bottom