Wow how slow is Windows 10 at updating? Also how to prevent it updating in future?

Soldato
You are missing the point - in 8 you have this dialogue:

https://www.simonsezit.com/article/configuring-windows-update-in-windows-8/

See the screen at the bottom with the options - the ability to block automatic driver updates also works and works properly and additionally with some very simple use of advanced configuration you can also granularly control the installation of security and feature updates so as to get security updates in a more timely fashion and feature updates deferred permanently to your convenience.

You can not do any of this out the box with 10 - at best some versions allow you some degree of being able to defer updates but the functionality is not reliable for blocking all Windows update behaviour and likewise even 3rd party tools aren't a complete solution especially as they've "hard-coded" some routines in 1703 onwards that currently no 3rd party tool disables.

Windows update in 8 will also completely obey any metered connection settings you configure - Windows 10 will not - for some people this is a big deal.

So there is a lot of difference between 8 and 10 in terms of Windows update implementation.

Hmmm I thought Windows Update in 10 will completely obey any metered connection settings you configure unless you allow updates to download on metered connection by enable it under Pause Updates or in Group Policy.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...ed-connection-windows-10-fall-creators-update

Man of Honour
Look at the text description by the metered connection setting (smooth operation, critical updates blah exception) - they changed it around 1509 or so when they grudgingly gave back the ability to set wired connections as metered:

http://www.itprotoday.com/windows-s...tors-update-will-not-block-all-windows-update

They "claim" they won't send large updates but that is contrary to my experience where I had Windows update grab 2GB on my 4G when I was at work - when people set connection metering that is usually because they actually need to manage their connection usage and having the OS not obey that is unacceptable.

Other people have also claimed that sometimes it will still download between 1/3rd and 2/3rds of available updates even when it is set.

Soldato
Look at the text description by the metered connection setting (smooth operation, critical updates blah exception) - they changed it around 1509 or so when they grudgingly gave back the ability to set wired connections as metered:

http://www.itprotoday.com/windows-s...tors-update-will-not-block-all-windows-update

They "claim" they won't send large updates but that is contrary to my experience where I had Windows update grab 2GB on my 4G when I was at work - when people set connection metering that is usually because they actually need to manage their connection usage and having the OS not obey that is unacceptable.

Other people have also claimed that sometimes it will still download between 1/3rd and 2/3rds of available updates even when it is set.

Hmmm my friend lived in village for 18 years now, he always wanted Virgin Media TV and broadband but it still not available in his area, he did not have BT phone line and he did not need it so he used his mobile phone with 3 Mobile sim free on 3G all the time. Last time I visited him 10 years ago at his house, he had Windows 7 Ultimate on his desktop PC for free from my TechNet subscription and also have wifi G card installed used his neighbours wifi signal to downloaded updates from Windows Update. Sometime when signal was very poor and he took his desktop PC to his mum house which got Virgin TV and connected his PC to Virgin Media broadband to download updates from Windows Update and Steam games updates. 10 years passed everything had changed now he used Windows 10 Pro and wifi AC card installed used either his neighbours wifi signal or BT wifi hotspots to downloaded updates from Windows Update and his iPhone 8 now used 3 Mobile on 4G network. He told me he very happy with Windows 10 and don't have issues with 1803.

Similar thing with my nephew worked in the UK army only used wifi on his Windows 10 laptop, everytime he went on holiday leaves he stayed at his single dad house just a few streets from me did not have Virgin TV, broadband or BT phone line as his dad cant afforded it. So my nephew used his friends neighbours wifi signal or used either BT or Virgin Media hotspots to downloaded updates from Windows Update, he don't have issues with it and already fully updated to 1803.

Man of Honour
Hmmm my friend lived in village for 18 years now, he always wanted Virgin Media TV and broadband but it still not available in his area, he did not have BT phone line and he did not need it so he used his mobile phone with 3 Mobile sim free on 3G all the time. Last time I visited him 10 years ago at his house, he had Windows 7 Ultimate on his desktop PC for free from my TechNet subscription and also have wifi G card installed used his neighbours wifi signal to downloaded updates from Windows Update. Sometime when signal was very poor and he took his desktop PC to his mum house which got Virgin TV and connected his PC to Virgin Media broadband to download updates from Windows Update and Steam games updates. 10 years passed everything had changed now he used Windows 10 Pro and wifi AC card installed used either his neighbours wifi signal or BT wifi hotspots to downloaded updates from Windows Update and his iPhone 8 now used 3 Mobile on 4G network. He told me he very happy with Windows 10 and don't have issues with 1803.

Similar thing with my nephew worked in the UK army only used wifi on his Windows 10 laptop, everytime he went on holiday leaves he stayed at his single dad house just a few streets from me did not have Virgin TV, broadband or BT phone line as his dad cant afforded it. So my nephew used his friends neighbours wifi signal or used either BT or Virgin Media hotspots to downloaded updates from Windows Update, he don't have issues with it and already fully updated to 1803.

Great but I'm not sure the relevance and/or don't think you've quite grasped the issue here.

Soldato
Did you find substantiation on the internet - like the multitude of win 10 update complaints

Multitude??? Nope.

Automatic Windows Update had been around for 20 years since Windows 98. Cant remembered anyone complained about automatic updates on very slow metered internet with V33, V90 or V92 modem, I used Windows 98 and V90 modem back in 1998.

I searched OCUK forum "automatic windows update" and found 17 pages with really so few people complained about Windows 10 updates, Windows 8 updates, Windows 7 updates, Windows Vista updates and Windows XP updates.

Same goes with spiceworks forum, very few people in businesses complained about Windows 10 automatic update.

Been searched Feedback Hub only to find loner people complained about Windows 10 automatic update with few upvotes like 1 or 25 but found "Make graphics driver updates optional" feedback had 17609 upvotes received official response post from Microsoft so only very few people complained about Windows 10 automatic updates are more likely down to user errors. If 1000 staff, over 50,000 students at my college over the last 3 years plus free Windows 10 keys handouts to family, friends and neighbours or sell keys on ebay after end of their courses had complained about Windows 10 automatic updates and posted feedback called "Windows 10 Automatic Windows Update Nightmare" then I would had seen overwhelmed response with over 50,000 upvotes and that feedback would absolutely received official response from Microsoft. Nope my sister said so far there was no complaints from students at college about Windows 10 automatic updates for the last 3 years.

Same goes with Microsoft forum but I found something really very interesting in "Why Can't I Control Updates?" thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-updates/e047792c-5247-45bc-8eb9-5674888f6c1a

seahawks65 posted the answer with Show or hide updates tool which I never heard of it since got Windows 10 3 years ago, I had corrupted Windows Update on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 years ago and I been used Windows Update troubleshooter digicab tool to fixed it finally integrated into 1709 update called Troubleshoot but very surprised nobody on this Windows forum mentioned Show or hide updates.

I googled it and surprised discovered Microsoft created the tool few months after Windows 10 launch in 2015.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Show-or-Hide-Updates-Troubleshooter.shtml
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wushowhide.html

Very few people in public used this tool so I downloaded it and ran it on Windows 10 but found no hide updates then I installed Windows 10 RTM on VM and very impressed what I found in hide updates, finally you can manage Windows 10 updates with this very tiny Microsoft tool.

uuXMxHa.png

jCSSup4.png

snwINRg.png

851QYm9.png

Cant believed many people don't know about wushowhide over the last 3 years, if I found out about it 3 years ago then Windows 10 thread would mentioned this tool and we would not see few people complained about Windows 10 automatic update on OCUK forum.

Man of Honour
Feed back hub on insider had atleast 3 entries about automatic updates with around 6000 up votes each - I've not checked lately. The official Windows 10 discussion forum has 100s possibly 1000s of complaints about it - I posted a screenshot recently showing 10-12 just on page 1. You aren't looking hard enough.

I've mentioned the minitool on these forums several times I think even in response to one of your posts but it doesn't give you proper control over updates or ability to pause or restart, etc. just some ability to reactively block problem updates. I can't believe you sincerely mentioned it in the context of taking control of Windows update it only addresses a subset of functionality.

V F

V F

Soldato
@Rroff I laughed...

From the Neowin article.

What the firm didn't mention, however, is that it drastically changed the way that updates are delivered with this version. Previously, if you hit 'Check for updates' and the feature update was offered, that meant that Microsoft had decided that your hardware is ready for it. This was the nature of a staged rollout, and if you didn't want to wait that long, you could use the Update Assistant or Media Creation Tool to force the process.

What's changed in version 1803 is that now, if you hit 'Check for updates', Windows Update assumes that you want to force the process. It's long been recommended that users install security updates on Patch Tuesday, but on May 8 when cumulative updates were offered, anyone trying to get them through Windows Update ended up with 1803, unless they waited for them to be delivered automatically or downloaded them manually through the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Microsoft didn't make a note in its blog post about how many people running the Windows 10 April 2018 Update likely initiated the installation by accident, causing problems for their device. No, the credit all goes to artificial intelligence, as the feedback from those users is what created the basis for other installations, and today's decision to make the update broadly available to all compatible devices.

And the company said that due to its new process, it's seeing "higher satisfaction numbers, fewer known issues, and lower support call volumes compared to previous Windows 10 releases." An example provided is when customers were noticing a black screen issue, Microsoft spotted the issue in its support forums (not telemetry, or even the Feedback Hub, for that matter), and within 24 hours, it blocked PCs that might be affected from upgrading to the new version.

If you want to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 version 1803, it should now be waiting for you in Windows Update.

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows...ow-fully-available-now-on-250-million-devices

Man of Honour
Heh

Yep everyone is happy with 1803: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=9884a281-c847-4acf-a41a-dd93f9473fde just one of many threads on there

EDIT: On another note just had the US language reinstall itself out the blue after fixing it post 1803 update when like many others it got forced on with the update :( I hope it isn't going to do this every few weeks while not a major issue it is still irritating.

Soldato
personally never/not having any problems with forced win7 gpu driver installs.
Did you find substantiation on the internet - like the multitude of win 10 update complaints

Multitude??? Nope.

.......very tiny Microsoft tool.

you had put forward your example of win7 forced gpu driver updates suggesting that was an indication of general win7 problems.
I contend people had few win7 problems in comparison to win10, so was asking for, where are the long (substantiation/)threads of win7 problems. ?
I guess you think most look back (well i still use it, after abandonned win 10 dalliances) at win7, with rose tinted glasses

Soldato
you had put forward your example of win7 forced gpu driver updates suggesting that was an indication of general win7 problems.
I contend people had few win7 problems in comparison to win10, so was asking for, where are the long (substantiation/)threads of win7 problems. ?
I guess you think most look back (well i still use it, after abandonned win 10 dalliances) at win7, with rose tinted glasses

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7
https://community.spiceworks.com/windows/windows-7
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=w7itprogeneral

From 1 July 2018, Microsoft will no longer provide technical support to users on Windows 7 and 8.1 problems.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...icrosoft/b1f5c5a4-7d66-4579-83bf-2b6ba599baaa

Last edited:
Soldato
Great but I'm not sure the relevance and/or don't think you've quite grasped the issue here.

I see, if you talk about Windows 10 ate your 4G mobile data allowance. Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, MacOS, iOS, ChromeOS and Android all had same issues with 4G mobile data and 4G data roaming that you not quite grasped how massive the problem millions of people experienced worldwide after read so many horror stories about huge surcharges on mobile data and data roaming.

I been used mobile data a few times over the last 6 years with desktop PC and Linx 10 tablet when my virgin broadband gone down or the whole network in my area gone down for around 10 hours or up to a day. I am on 3 mobile PAYG for 8 years now after dumped ASDA Mobile, been used Galaxy S3 3G mobile data on Windows 8 3 times and was very impressed how easy to set up and gone online for hours after toped up £10. The last time my virgin broadband went down on 20 June 2016 that was the day when I expected GTX 1070 delivery from DPD, I checked my balance on Galaxy S6 first to checked if it had enough credit to go data mobile and went online on 4G network for first time on desktop PC Windows 10 to checked my DPD email for track number and monitored my delivery driver all the time and visited few sites on Chrome browser with AdBlock Plus and also connected to Linx 10 tablet with Windows 10 Home I not used for a few weeks after last Windows Update on Patch Tuesday so I disabled Windows Update first before connected to my phone. It used about 500MB data for about 6 hours before virgin broadband came back online then enabled Windows Update to downloaded updates over wifi.

Last year my sister are on EE contract with Galaxy S8 Plus with 30GB data allowance for £38 monthly, she thought 30GB was enough for everyday as she used about 1GB everyday at work where it had poor wifi signals most of times but few times the phone downloaded Android OS or security updates without warning and then notify her to install the updates but there are NO WAY to stop forced updates on Android phones and that resulted her data allowance gone over 30GB limit and then EE cut her off for the next 2 weeks until on the next month when data allowance reset and she told me on his boyfriend text that she had to pay additional £60 surcharge for data mobile over the limit.

I have 2 friends both are on 3 mobile all can eat data for £35 every month used unlimited 4G mobile data, my former schoolmate who had BSc Computing degree now worked as IT teacher in school had bad wifi signals all the time so he had to used 4G data all the time with his iPhone 8 forced download iOS updates every few months without warning and notify him for install, his home laptop running Windows 10 Home and work laptop running Windows 10 Pro so he had no problem with Windows Update on Windows 10. Other friend is my former college mate who studied HNC Computing now worked as courier delivery driver at PCS Logistic Partner Ltd who cant have virgin broadband at home used 4G data all the time with Dolphin CT50 Handheld Computer running Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for work, his iPhone 8 and also his laptop at home running Windows 10 Home enjoyed unlimited 4G data at work and home without pay crazy mobile data surcharges. Both friends are now on 1803.

Now there are 3 companies offer unlimited 4G mobile data that you can use it with Windows 10 all the time without worry about hit the data limit.

3 Mobile All-you-can-eat data £35 monthly

https://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go

GiffGaff Always On data £20 monthly with speed restrictions

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans?&_ms=234&_msd=http://www.4g.co.uk&xid=204909

Virgin Mobile unlimited 4G data £25 monthly exclusive for Virgin Media TV or broadband customers

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim/?awin_src=awin_mobile

Last edited:
Soldato
Feed back hub on insider had atleast 3 entries about automatic updates with around 6000 up votes each - I've not checked lately. The official Windows 10 discussion forum has 100s possibly 1000s of complaints about it - I posted a screenshot recently showing 10-12 just on page 1. You aren't looking hard enough.

I've mentioned the minitool on these forums several times I think even in response to one of your posts but it doesn't give you proper control over updates or ability to pause or restart, etc. just some ability to reactively block problem updates. I can't believe you sincerely mentioned it in the context of taking control of Windows update it only addresses a subset of functionality.

On page 1? Your post with screenshot was not in page 1 of official Windows 10 discussion thread I checked out all your posts but cant find your screenshot. I think a few years ago there was so many Windows 10 threads and OCUK mod merged all threads into official Windows 10 discussion thread. Over the last week I read all 580 pages and 11,585 posts I not had time to read over the last few years due hundreds of pages, had good laughs at many posts. Found posts about Show or Hide Updates tool which never showed up on OCUK search. Shocked to read your post about your some systems with Windows ME took about 10 MINS from boot to full loaded desktop, mine took around 2 mins from boot Windows ME to full loaded desktop with 500MHz AMD K6-2 3DNow CPU, Gigabyte GA-5AX motherboard with 768MB RAM, my former schoolmate had exactly same spec as mine took around 2 mins to full loaded desktop. My former college mate had Windows ME on his 1995 Compaq Presario desktop with Pentium 75 and 64MB RAM took 2 mins to full loaded too. We all never had high disc IO on Windows ME but had high memory usage. You said possibly 100s to 1000s of complaints about Windows automatic update did not added it all up, accorded to OCUK Windows 10 thread tool had 1063 members replied in that thread and I read every post and took notes counted how many members complained about Windows 10 automatic update, actually 18 members complained about Windows 10 automatic update so that is 1.8% which is very minority. Also 18 members complained about Windows 10 Start Menu which they hated so much, 8 members hated Windows 10 UI, 3 members wanted old control panel back but hated new control panel.

If you want to get in touch with someone at Microsoft about your complaints with Windows 10 that need fix like start menu and automatic windows update, I found some people you could try sent messages on either Facebook or Twitter.

Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO

https://www.facebook.com/Satyanadella92/
https://twitter.com/satyanadella

Gabriel Aul, Microsoft VP, WDG Engineering Systems team (former Lead of Windows Insider program)

https://www.facebook.com/gabriel.aul
https://twitter.com/GabeAul?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Dona Sarkar, Microsoft Lead of Windows Insider program (former software engineer for Windows Vista)

https://www.facebook.com/literati
https://twitter.com/donasarkar?lang=en

Panos Panay, Microsoft Chief Product Officer/VP of Devices (former Windows division)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011327963044
https://twitter.com/panos_panay?lang=en

Man of Honour
I see, if you talk about Windows 10 ate your 4G mobile data allowance. Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, MacOS, iOS, ChromeOS and Android all had same issues with 4G mobile data and 4G data roaming that you not quite grasped how massive the problem millions of people experienced worldwide after read so many horror stories about huge surcharges on mobile data and data roaming.

Sure Windows 7 and some older OSes don't have very good support for application usage of data and/or monitoring which isn't friendly towards the average consumer but that doesn't excuse Windows 10 being poor in that regard and there is a crucial difference there - that excess data use is ultimately end user error - while in 10 there is some features that work autonomously that even a clued up user can't take proper control of short of doing some very bad things to the OS leaving themselves potentially insecure by having to rip out some of the OS functionality.

It is nice if you have access to unlimited mobile plans but not everyone does but it isn't just mobile usage - there are still many people world wide with community internet provisioning or other setups with strict data limits or simply don't have a lot of throughput and need to be able to make full use of what they do have for what they are actively working with without Windows 10 using a chunk in the background for its own reasons autonomously.

On page 1? Your post with screenshot was not in page 1 of official Windows 10 discussion thread

I was talking about page 1 of the discussion group on the official MS forums which I took a screenshot of and linked to in a recent post which you even responded to... I'll repost the image here

https://i.imgur.com/klsU6ml.png

There are many many people who are having a truly horrible experience with Windows 10 - many of the issues could be easily avoided by MS regardless of whatever you post - like wise most of these people myself included have made multiple attempts to get MS's attention over it - any attempt to contact a MS individual just gets you told to post on the feedback hub because apparently they are "listening" (which they aren't).

Here is just a couple of many many posts on the subject:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=c9ca1f2c-20c0-45f9-a8b0-295480383c6e

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=deb9a95a-f3fb-4520-96da-6d1312074ed6

A great comment there:

Now the 1803 update has "matured a bit".

Let's see how that is going for folks. Major SSD problems. Major "computers being bricked" problems (that'll teach 'em for using Avast). Still, people facing update lockups. Networking in shambles. Audio problems. Both Microsoft's built-in apps and third-party apps not working correctly. Mystery Drive letters. Microsoft store malfunctions. Language malfunctions. Settings changed. Drivers replaced. Restore points gone. Programs that worked prior to the update now will not work, no longer compatible. All of this still being forced on the masses.

I believe I am only touching on the highlights here.

And yet many here want to defend Microsoft and Windows 10. Have at it.

You said possibly 100s to 1000s of complaints about Windows automatic update did not added it all up, accorded to OCUK Windows 10 thread tool had 1063 members replied in that thread and I read every post and took notes counted how many members complained about Windows 10 automatic update, actually 18 members complained about Windows 10 automatic update so that is 1.8% which is very minority. Also 18 members complained about Windows 10 Start Menu which they hated so much, 8 members hated Windows 10 UI, 3 members wanted old control panel back but hated new control panel.

You are going to crazy lengths to try and defend Windows 10 - that really should tell you something - also wasting your time with disingenuous arguments and beating around the bush you can just look at those two links above, then follow back to the main official forums and see that it is many many users regardless of any attempts to deflect with convoluted arguments and looking the other way.

Man of Honour
As you only seem to understand links - these are the active complaints (just for the last 30 days) just about automatic updates, the way updates are deployed and problems with updates and managing connections:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-home/7187f464-402c-4d70-8fde-74226dad53de

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g-to-its/f401cb2d-f325-45ea-8adb-788d23f1bd7b

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...flipping/9b840c82-3182-42df-ab58-ec3fb8e445a8

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-more-to/a8097665-0aed-4fe4-b92f-d682ae9cdb87

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-whoever/c45c18f3-c44b-41af-a912-56a0fb8f8909

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ate-1803/e712cd55-25c5-47b9-9539-505397a3a0db

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...andwidth/39a229b0-9ce8-4bff-aa45-67af03e419bd

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/4a124ef4-899d-49b5-9176-dfa70010a7e9

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/1286c8fc-aecb-41e0-8bfc-bc3530cd2f85

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ntrusive/69b03044-d743-4c6c-96a4-c85715b47532

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...horrible/38a58623-b53c-4c70-9b35-22e2936e45f8

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...failures/aa523a12-03b7-4b12-805b-6bae597d8988

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-consent/c0437b0a-196d-4dcc-802f-dafed27d4814

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-update/1fe99c35-be71-4058-bf6c-0ebe02e7b463

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ss-stuff/a10dcfa5-f707-4b82-95e1-13091060f97a

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rt-after/e2381969-7bbe-417c-a335-021a6d75b94b

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-updates/a5ea85ed-b1e7-40de-b786-4dc342b1baf3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...erything/ae0ce89d-fd6e-4e08-a8f7-3b99069b1ab6

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-updates/3d8f1431-f1fe-460f-93d0-f38a0eb7a1cb

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rap-from/18bf12e0-e039-4136-b400-2ef0e83cff13

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...omputers/8be6ead9-ce1f-4e63-b923-07cfb7017a61

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-lawsuit/4ae25da8-3610-4351-84f4-72763d80cbe7

And that doesn't even cover the complaints about updates failing, "killing" their PC or other issues, etc. and that is just the most recent active topics - there are 1000s more just like that.

MS do not give a flying **** about the quality of life experience for the end user or worse are actively being obnoxious about it.

I would love for a MS employee to read through some of those then go on record saying they are happy with the state of the end user experience.

Man of Honour
Its an aside to what I'm talking about but I don't understand why you'd settle for poor with Windows 10 on the basis that 7 is just as bad or whatever.

What I'm talking about is the fact that when problems do happen - and we are both providing plenty of evidence that it does happen - Windows 10 takes a lot of options out of the user's hands for avoiding, fixing or mitigating the effects by some rather silly approaches that are making life miserable for end users in a way that could be avoided regardless of what experience they might or might not have with other OSes and that isn't something anyone should advocate as being acceptable.

Soldato
I was talking about page 1 of the discussion group on the official MS forums which I took a screenshot of and linked to in a recent post which you even responded to... I'll repost the image here

https://i.imgur.com/klsU6ml.png

There are many many people who are having a truly horrible experience with Windows 10 - many of the issues could be easily avoided by MS regardless of whatever you post - like wise most of these people myself included have made multiple attempts to get MS's attention over it - any attempt to contact a MS individual just gets you told to post on the feedback hub because apparently they are "listening" (which they aren't).

Here is just a couple of many many posts on the subject:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=c9ca1f2c-20c0-45f9-a8b0-295480383c6e

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=deb9a95a-f3fb-4520-96da-6d1312074ed6

A great comment there:

You are going to crazy lengths to try and defend Windows 10 - that really should tell you something - also wasting your time with disingenuous arguments and beating around the bush you can just look at those two links above, then follow back to the main official forums and see that it is many many users regardless of any attempts to deflect with convoluted arguments and looking the other way.

Oh you talked about MS forum, not OCUK forum.

Yes I had seen these links before and already replied it but you had gone pulled back same arguement yet again.

I showed this thread to my friend IT teacher I told you and he were laughed at you at your pointless arguments, he told me it seemed everybody (teachers, pupils and his dad, cousins, all his friends included me) has a home laptop running Windows 10 Home don't have issue with automatic windows update. If you go to PC World site and you will find 243 laptops and 108 desktops running Windows 10 Home, millions bought these PCs and don't have a problem with automatic update. He suggested you to stop waste your time kept posted all pointless arguments on OCUK or Microsoft forum, you are the minority so he agreed with me that it is very good idea you should sent messages to Microsoft direct on either Facebook or Twitter so there the list again.

Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO

https://www.facebook.com/Satyanadella92/
https://twitter.com/satyanadella

Gabriel Aul, Microsoft VP, WDG Engineering Systems team (former Lead of Windows Insider program)

https://www.facebook.com/gabriel.aul
https://twitter.com/GabeAul?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Dona Sarkar, Microsoft Lead of Windows Insider program (former software engineer for Windows Vista)

https://www.facebook.com/literati
https://twitter.com/donasarkar?lang=en

Panos Panay, Microsoft Chief Product Officer/VP of Devices (former Windows division)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011327963044
https://twitter.com/panos_panay?lang=en

Man of Honour
I showed this thread to my friend IT teacher I told you and he were laughed at you at your pointless arguments, he told me it seemed everybody (teachers, pupils and his dad, cousins, all his friends included me) has a home laptop running Windows 10 Home don't have issue with automatic windows update. If you go to PC World site and you will find 243 laptops and 108 desktops running Windows 10 Home, millions bought these PCs and don't have a problem with automatic update. He suggested you to stop waste your time kept posted all pointless arguments on OCUK or Microsoft forum, you are the minority so he agreed with me that it is very good idea you should sent messages to Microsoft direct on either Facebook or Twitter so there the list again.

Rubbish total rubbish - you are just pulling numbers out of thin air or totally irrelevant ones - so what if PC World sells 243 laptops? and then attaching completely unsubstantiated meaning to them - you have zero way of knowing what the experience is of these people who've bought these millions of PCs. I'm not even sure at this point this guy even exists if he does he seems a bit of a knob - why not sign up here and tell me direct himself rather than handing somewhat insulting messages through you?

As I've already mentioned I and many others have tried to get some kind of discussion and/or feedback going via a number of ways with MS and you always get palmed off to the feedback hub where they ignore anything related to updates, etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Heh just seen this comment posted:

MS needs to FIRE the CEO Satya Nadella and his team and take ownership for the disaster

which is Windows 10.

All feature updates should be halted!

MS should return to the OLD update system IMMEDIATELY.

They should also apologize for the fiasco as well.

We're waiting MS.

If you think I'm unhappy with Windows update it is nothing compared to some - I'm in complete agreement with those people though.

Back
Top Bottom