• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Soldato
I don’t think he s ignore worthy yet.

But he started off as claiming not a Nvidia fan boy but through All the replies with justifications of Nvidia dirty practices with equal AMD ones to give his argument legitimacy and so easily pass on the Nvidia transgression does make one wonder if that initial statement is just wolf in sheep skin.
His posts are so outrageously myopic, morbid and confusingly one sided. He clearly shows he is posting for distance and agitation.

The content creation community has rebuked Nvidia for attempting to turn objective reviewers into complacent, docile influencers for rtx.

Therefore, reading his responses will only ignore current developments in an attempt to deflict, ignore, defend, apologize or explain a nvidia perspective that is only toxic, self serving, and most of all anti consumer behavior. Ad hominem, repeat to infinity and beyond.

The best you can do for your own sanity is to put him on ignore. Because refuting his house of card posts is a like stepping on dried up leafs.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anybody regret buying an Nvidia card after this revelation? How low do Nvidia have to go to put people off?
Good question!

I already posted something to reply to this question unasked earlier, regret? No my 3090 is awesome truly is and post 6900XT reviews i'm glad I didn't wait personally.
While I have no regret I do wish I could have not supported Nvidia by purchasing my 3090 absolutely, thing is AMD are no better show me an option where I can get a great GPU with solid software stack for reasonable money? Answer is I cant so I have a choice, pay my money and play the game or don't, had a Valve index sat doing nothing and now it shines like I can't tell you so for me its worth the money.
Regret no, but wish I could send a message for sure.

Associate
Can we just agree that Nvidia and AMD just want our money and really are both prone to doing some pretty scummy practices usually stemming from their marketing departments?

Associate
Does anybody regret buying an Nvidia card after this revelation? How low do Nvidia have to go to put people off?

No regrets!
And my next card will be Nvidia.

26 pages after, this is nothing more than another fanboys war.

All the fanboys already posted here, even the amd worker...lol

I am a Nvidia fanboy and will never, never, never buy a amd gpu.

Associate

i think anyone who buys an nvidia card is despicable at this point. anyone waiting in a queue should go ahead and cancel their order if they have any pride, specifically anyone in the first 150 places of the ASUS TUF non-OC queue.

Man of Honour
Short memories here. Remember when AMD did the same before the Fury Nano launch? They Banned certain sites from getting review samples because they weren't following AMD's review guidelines. AMD said that the Reviews had to be Fair. I think HardOCP and TechPowerUP were two sites that were banned.

This is partly why I've held off getting to into the issue it has happened sporadically for years it isn't in any way a good thing but I don't have the full facts and only watched bits of Hardware Unboxed's content here and there.

Soldato
i think anyone who buys an nvidia card is despicable at this point. anyone waiting in a queue should go ahead and cancel their order if they have any pride, specifically anyone in the first 150 places of the ASUS TUF non-OC queue.

I think you should stop inserting totally unnecessary “go ahead”s in your sentences.

Associate
No I don't as AMD has behaved similarly in the past. Also, the product itself is IMO better than the competition and much more well rounded, so I don't particularly care how the company behaves. I don't like Apple's business practices, yet I buy an iPad because its the best tablet on the market.

Associate
Dumb move by nvidia, that said you can't base an entire companies reputation with probably 1000s of staff on the actions of possibly a single employee, or even a group of employees. Lets see if they decide to own this mistake, if not then I'll still pick whatever hardware I perceive as best but in a 50/50 case I'd possibly use this as a marker to go elsewhere.

Soldato
Dumb move by nvidia, that said you can't base an entire companies reputation with probably 1000s of staff on the actions of possibly a single employee, or even a group of employees. Lets see if they decide to own this mistake, if not then I'll still pick whatever hardware I perceive as best but in a 50/50 case I'd possibly use this as a marker to go elsewhere.
Don't fool yourself this is the culture of Nvidia. This is from the top down. This isn't some Rogue employee acting dumb.

Back
Top Bottom