• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Soldato
Dumb move by nvidia, that said you can't base an entire companies reputation with probably 1000s of staff on the actions of possibly a single employee, or even a group of employees. Lets see if they decide to own this mistake, if not then I'll still pick whatever hardware I perceive as best but in a 50/50 case I'd possibly use this as a marker to go elsewhere.

After reading this thread, I've come to the conclusion that Nvidia's behaviour hasn't effected sales in the slightest. People are still desperate to buy one and nobody has cancelled their order.

If anything, this "dumb" move has proven how much love they bring to the world so shares might even go up.

Soldato
To be honest... The HU review was the best I had seen as there hasn't been a level review.

I really enjoyed seeing without any features on what the perf split was, why? Cause 99% of my steam library won't care about Nvidia or Amd specific technologies.

Watching everyone argue is amusing though.

Associate
Exactly. If this was a “rogue” employee nVidia would publicly denounce it and maybe even fire the employee in question. His name is just on the letter but this is very much a company perspective.

The letter was signed by Bryan Del Rizzo, Nvidia's Director of Global PR, this was almost certainly a corporate backed decision.

Associate
Too early to affect sales really. Its the weekend, plus as you say, those that want a current gpu will have likely ordered already and are in a waiting list. If they haven't cancelled prior to this, they are unlikely to cancel after either ... they are holding out for that card and not likely to change their mind.

Would/will it affect future purchasers ? Dont know ... there is little doubt that going forward, RT will play more and more into games, and at the moment, the nVidia offering is stronger in that aspect ... so I'd image people will still follow that family for those reasons.

If AMD had a really strong equivalent RT offering, then I imagine that this sort of PR practice would backfire ... but without that competition, its not going to happen soon I dont think.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I was going to hold out for a 3080ti having got my 6900xt order cancelled. But after these shenannigans I'm going to get in the queue for a 6800xt.

Soldato
I honestly don't care.
I'll buy what performs best at the price point I am willing to spend.

Not going to shoot myself in the foot buying a lesser product just because a company takes issue with a youtube reviewer lol

Soldato
I honestly don't care.
I'll buy what performs best at the price point I am willing to spend.

Not going to shoot myself in the foot buying a lesser product just because a company takes issue with a youtube reviewer lol

This, this is most people. Life is selfish is by nature, it's survival. I don't expect any loss of sales for Nvidia. Taking a principled stance is unusual and unselfish, that's why it's seen as the exception rather than the rule... It's also why I support HUB.

Associate
Don't fool yourself this is the culture of Nvidia. This is from the top down. This isn't some Rogue employee acting dumb.
It could be, I don't/haven't worked in the company so can't say for sure. I do work for a large utility company that everybody/the press hates. I've read so much inaccurate information about them that I've learnt to not judge on what I don't know. Undoubtedly nvidia is full of dedicated employees who enjoy what they do and want to make even better stuff in the future.

I'm expecting an apology from nvidia but the wheels will turn slow in such a large (perhaps old) organisation so lets see.

Associate
Last nvidia card i buy. Building a new rig next year will now be all red. Not a fan boy just don't like to give my money to cocks

these are giant tech corporations who source conflict materials to assemble their GPUs in sweatshop conditions, who sell technology to governments purely for them to clamp down on civil rights through mass surviellance. there's not an exec at any of them who wouldn't kick their nan down the stairs for a few quid rise in their share price.

not sending graphics cards to a youtube reviewer over a petty grudge is pretty far down the list of moral reasons not to buy one.

the fall out from this has all been great fun though. i get a perverse enjoyment from seeing just about any company of their size get raked across the coals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom