• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Associate
Lol if you don't focus on a feature from our sponsored games, no cards for you! :)

Fair enough, i also banned Nvidia from my life a long time ago.
I

Caporegime
Disgusting. Steve is one of the best hardware reviewers in the business for me. Always puts plenty of hard work in, is balanced in his opinions (unlike J2bob Nvidia shill), and gives an honest review backed up with excellent graph work for benchmarks.

Shameful from Nvidia

Permabanned
From what I gather NVIDIA are highly controlling ( funny how they can't control the price though ), which to my mind is completely unnecessary.
I do.

I don't need 300fps as I only play single player games.

There's a long way to go, but DLSS 2.0 and G-sync has made ray tracing actually work pretty well.

Yes, there are people in the right place for RT, and I am sure it has a future, but I think NVIDIA have just carried out some hugely bad market research on RT and are following it up with misplaced "enforcement". It's not it's time. It will eventually sell itself, but right now I think the enthusiasts are more in to FPS or more accurately they don't want to see a huge FPS drop for the sake of RT.

Soldato
Just shows how petty Nvidia is. They are run by people who have incredibly thin skin and who are more than willing to employ shady tactics to beat the competition or paint them in a bad light. I am sure now that they have coerced CDProjekt to max out RT and other Nvidia features to dump on AMD hardware. Was considering a 3080 but not anymore. Will wait it out another 6 months and get what's best for my needs. 144Hz gaming is far more important for me than RT.

At this stage HU shouldn't be worried at all if Nvidia don't give them cards. AMD is in the limelight now with all the leading CPU and GPU tech so not sure missing out an the odd FE version of an Nvidia gpu is gonna bring them down.

Soldato
Even though HUB said to get the 3090 over the 6900XT even though it was 500 quid more? Sounds like a shill to me.

The Nvidia fanbots are already here kissing up to their master. I wish there was an ignore button. Maybe we should be able to silence them just like Nvidia is trying to with HU.

Associate
I can't understand the move from Nvidia, a transparent company with only "users interest" at heart should never try to manage the "results" of its reviewers... What a bs... HUB said twice, if people have the cash without restrictions and want the best of the best, simply go for 3090. Is that not enough for Nvidia? Sounds like wining the crown

Soldato
Why is the bolded statement an issue?

The assumption would be the video/s in question is their review coverage of the RDNA2 and Ampere graphics cards.

If they have peed off companies before then it makes you think there might be something into what the companies are saying ?

Just find it strange they are not identifying the video in question so we can watch it and make our own minds up. Surely if you are defending your actions you provide your proof ? "Nvidia have complained over this video and cut me off view for yourself ?" Another way to get more views ? Just find it strange not publishing the video in question.

Soldato
I can't understand the move from Nvidia, a transparent company with only "users interest" at heart should never try to manage the "results" of its reviewers... What a bs... HUB said twice, if people have the cash without restrictions and want the best of the best, simply go for 3090. Is that not enough for Nvidia? Sounds like wining the crown

Nvidia transparent?? I've not had my coffee yet so I'm still a bit fuzzy. Is this a joke? :D

Nvidia are the LEAST transparent company going. Underhand tactics are the norm for them and they have more faces than a dice.

Associate
Nvidia have been doing this for years.
I remember when I used to do reviews many moons ago for another site, If you didn't give them favourable reviews, you wouldn't get anymore hardware direct from them.
AIBs are different though and allow more criticism

Soldato
I have sacked off most of the YouTube channels and hardware unboxed is one of the few I still watch as they seem impartial and have decent reviews.
As for Nvidias behaviour this does not surprise me at all.

Associate
Linus does always mark down AIBs. How many time he is like "really Asus?" "Seriously MSI is this normal?". Maybe Nvidia will came back to working with HUB. Most likely someone woke up on the wrong side

Associate
The Nvidia fanbots are already here kissing up to their master. I wish there was an ignore button. Maybe we should be able to silence them just like Nvidia is trying to with HU.
:rolleyes::p where is this 'silencing' coming from? Show me the quote from Nvidia requesting a gagging order or threatening legal action? They've simply said they wont be sending review samples because they don't like HU's opinion. Poor show? Yes. Cowardly? Yes. Silencing? HA, give over.

Back
Top Bottom