• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Associate
Smells like Nvidia are worried. I wonder why that would be.

Someone there mentioned that Linus reasoning for testing DLSS and RT is that it is here and people are using it. Does that mean that every game should be tested at 75% resolution with Radeon Image sharpening because it is here and people are using it?

Maybe they are worried about https://www.computerbase.de/2020-12...itt_benchmarks_in_sieben_topaktuellen_spielen? This shows that in 7 new games the 6900XT = the 3090 (winning 5 of 7 games) and the 6800XT > 3080 (also winning 5 of 7 games) all at 4k.

Soldato
If they have peed off companies before then it makes you think there might be something into what the companies are saying ?

Just find it strange they are not identifying the video in question so we can watch it and make our own minds up. Surely if you are defending your actions you provide your proof ? "Nvidia have complained over this video and cut me off view for yourself ?" Another way to get more views ? Just find it strange not publishing the video in question.
Companies ban people for two reason. Being unfair and not towing the line. The only thing worth investigating is if HWUB is fair in their reviews. They have explained their reasoning if anyone disagrees they are free to put forward their argument.

The orginal tweet was about their stance in general which can been seen and has been consistent across their review videos in the past few months (Just go and pick one). They also made their stance public in the recent Q&A video. Nothing has been hidden.

Associate
:rolleyes::p where is this 'silencing' coming from? Show me the quote from Nvidia requesting a gagging order or threatening legal action? They've simply said they wont be sending review samples because they don't like HU's opinion. Poor show? Yes. Cowardly? Yes. Silencing? HA, give over.

It stops them from being able to produce reviews for reference/founders products on release week due to the time it takes to produce those reviews. If you don't publish your review on day 1, then you're going to miss out on a huge amount of views, and therefore revenue.

I suspect you realise that though.

Caporegime
Hardware Times have also been blacklisted by Nvidia.

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidi...sterization-more-than-rtx-plus-our-own-story/

On a related note, this is something that happened with us as well, although over a very trivial affair. NVIDIA’s APAC (Asia-Pacific) PR Team is full of vindictive and high-headed people. You might be wondering why we didn’t review the RTX 30 series at launch. That was because of an “Unofficial blacklisting” rather than a shortage of cards.
During a briefing where NVIDIA was detailing its new RTX 20 Series Mobile graphics cards, I asked the person in question how “Dynamic Boost” was different from AMD’s SmartShift technology which was just announced at the time. I believe my exact words were whether DB was a copy or “ripoff” of Smartshift, and that was the last time I heard from NVIDIA’s APAC team, till recently.

I was asked for my new address for the purpose of sending an RTX 3060 Ti, and that too a week after the card was already released. I still haven’t released it and after this post goes up, I honestly don’t expect to.

Soldato
Regardless of what hardware unboxed says to get clicks in their clickbaity image caps or scripts, both them are using Nvidia RTX3090 in their personal home PC, so they don't hate Nvidia otherwise they wouldnt put it in their own system

Permabanned
This is a sign of Nvidia being rattled by Amd. They have relinquished a pretty sizeable lead just a year ago and now have Amd breathing right down their necks.

True colours are now being shown.

Associate
It stops them from being able to produce reviews for reference/founders products on release week due to the time it takes to produce those reviews. If you don't publish your review on day 1, then you're going to miss out on a huge amount of views, and therefore revenue.

I suspect you realise that though.
SO, no actual silencing then and of course you realise that nobody has a right to receive review samples. I'm not defending either party but pointing out the pearl clutching gibberish. Perhaps Nvidia may decide to send out pre-release review samples to a different channel...

Associate
SO, no actual silencing then and of course you realise that nobody has a right to receive review samples. I'm not defending either party but pointing out the pearl clutching gibberish. Perhaps Nvidia may decide to send out pre-release review samples to a different channel...

If it stops them from making reviews of Nvidia hardware it indirectly silences them, its not hard to understand is it.

Nvidia are choosing to stop letting them review their cards because 'they don't agree with their editorial style' which is more than just choosing to not send them a card its effective coercing. It would be like having a supplier for a restaurant not send food to the restaurant because they didn't like their menu.

Permabanned
Not only that it sends a pretty clear message to the other reviewers... You better think twice how you review our products because if we can do this to them we can do it to you.

Caporegime
OP
Not only that it sends a pretty clear message to the other reviewers... You better think twice how you review our products because if we can do this to them we can do it to you.
Imagine if all the major reviewers got together in a moment of solidarity and boycotted reviewing Nvidia FE cards... I wonder what they would do then!

Soldato
Just wacthed the RX 6900 XT review, it all makes sense now. They had benchmarks that show the cards un an unbiased way. Nvidia cannot have this. The RX 6900 XT basically is on par or beats the 3090 for less money and they still did not mention this, they said it was a bad value just like the RTX 3090. Nvidia seem butt hurt. AMD came out fighting this time and Nvidia are resorting to fighting dirty it seems.

Caporegime
Just wacthed the RX 6900 XT review, it all makes sense now. They had benchmarks that show the cards un an unbiased way. Nvidia cannot have this. The RX 6900 XT basically is on par or beats the 3090 for less money and they still did not mention this, they said it was a bad value just like the RTX 3090. Nvidia seem butt hurt. AMD came out fighting this time and Nvidia are resorting to fighting dirty it seems.

Why arent all those slide muddied up with raytracing bars?????? EEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Associate
If it stops them from making reviews of Nvidia hardware it indirectly silences them, its not hard to understand is it.

Nvidia are choosing to stop letting them review their cards because 'they don't agree with their editorial style' which is more than just choosing to not send them a card its effective coercing. It would be like having a supplier for a restaurant not send food to the restaurant because they didn't like their menu.
woahhh woahh... they haven't been stopped from reviewing cards, they wont be getting early review samples - stop with the hyperbolic nonsense. If they want to review Nvidia stuff they will have to buy it or borrow it when available.

Back
Top Bottom