Wow, that's cheap (Mac's in Japan)

Man of Honour
Soldato
Mr Spew said:
Everything is laid out more naturally, it's easier to navigate, quicker, and, well, yeah, that's it really.
I think I know what he's getting at. If anyone used MS Office for OS X you'll know about toolbar clutter. In Windows the toolbars for font sizes, justification, and that jazz are stuck to the top of the window. In OS X they are each granted their own window. Photoshop and a variety of other programs do it too but Office makes quite a mess of it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You can uncouple the toolbars in office.. dont know what everyone is getting so fussy about really.

As for photoshop; if you prefer a standard XP look just use full mode so you get that grey background - that's if you don't want to see your wallpaper :)

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
Driver support for what, exactly?

Macs at lower speeds tend to run really fast compared to better specced PCs.

A lot of scanners and printers require drivers for OSX. When they went from 10.2 to 10.3 most high end scanners stopped working since there was no driver for them since the 10.2s did not work. I can understand that going from 10.x to 11.x but not on a minor revision

Nikumba

Associate
Caged said:
That hasn't been true since a couple of months after the G4 launched.
Yes it has and still is. My PowerMac G5 runs faster than any Dual 2Ghz processor in a PC I've come across with same amounts of RAM and a better graphics card, boots quicker, editing in video editing programs is a lot faster, Warcraft is faster etc.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Al Vallario said:
Comparing base model 15.4" 1.83GHz Core Duo MacBook Pro

Great Britain: £1429

United States: £1098 ($1999) - Saving of £331
Canada: £1128 (CAD$2299) - Saving of £301
Japan: £1209 (¥249,800) - Saving of £220
Australia: £1336 (AUD$3199) - Saving of £93

Where did it all go wrong? :(

Great Britain - Higher Education store for individuals - £1214

Sometimes it pays to work in education; get all my personal stuff from there ;)

Associate
whats mac internation support like? Say i buy a macbook pro from states and it goes wrong here in UK, would i be ok?

Caporegime
Mr Spew said:
Yes it has and still is. My PowerMac G5 runs faster than any Dual 2Ghz processor in a PC I've come across with same amounts of RAM and a better graphics card, boots quicker, editing in video editing programs is a lot faster, Warcraft is faster etc.
Then there's something wrong with your PC. Plus they use Intel processors now anyway.

Associate
People be wondering why the prices are lower in Japan... Japan has been in a deflation spiral for like the past 5 odd years, then there's the whole thing about demand and suply (who would've thought learning Economics would ever be beneficial :\)

I wish apple products would be cheap in UK too :(

Associate
OP
Chiribo said:
People be wondering why the prices are lower in Japan... Japan has been in a deflation spiral for like the past 5 odd years, then there's the whole thing about demand and suply (who would've thought learning Economics would ever be beneficial :\)

/pedant
I believe that Japan is inflationary again....

but I take your point :)

Soldato
spirit said:
whats mac internation support like? Say i buy a macbook pro from states and it goes wrong here in UK, would i be ok?

I would like to know about this as well, as I am flying out to Canada soon! :D

Associate
Chiribo said:

hahah iits not just 'cause of those things, lots of other factors involved..

someone must know about apple international support!

Back
Top Bottom