• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wrong Card Detected

Soldato
I got new motherboard today - Asrock 939 dual sata2
I've reformatted my pc and installed all the drivers and it keeps detecting my AGP geforce 6600 as a PCI-e geforce go 6600GT.

Will having the wrong driver installed damage my card?
Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Caporegime
That looks ok to me, it may be just the way it gets reported, as it is saying it is running at 8x, which is AGP, im sure someone will be able to let you know though for definate, but if the card is running fine, then id guess it is just the way its reported. :)

Soldato
OP
I installed the AGP drivers before the graphics.
It reports the speed different each time, it was 8x when I took the screenshot, I restarted the pc and it was 4x and i've resarted again and its 16x.

All games are working fine, however 3dmark is giving me a lower score than before I upgraded. This might be a AGP performance issue that I heard about with the Asrock mobo.

Back
Top Bottom