1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WRT54G work with a ADSL line?

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by Xplode, 14 Aug 2006.

1. Xplode

Hitman

Hi all

I have recently moved out and have a ADSL broadband via BT i was wondering would my Linksys WRT54G work with the ADSL line??

Talking to a networking bud said if i pluf the ethernet cable into user 1 instead of the internet port the connection will get shared? Is this right?

Or do i have to buy a ASDL router?

Thanks

Andy

2. dirtydog

PermaBanned

Do you mean you have an ADSL modem to work in conjunction with the router? Because otherwise no, you need a router which has a built-in ADSL modem.

3. Xplode

Hitman

Yer i have a ADSL modem and want to use my already owned WRT54G router with it?

I have tried connecting the ethernet cable into the internet line in port on the router but that didnt work.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2006
  4. dirtydog

PermaBanned

I don't see how it would work, unless your ADSL modem doesn't require you to 'dial-up' to establish a connection?

5. Xplode

Hitman

yer the ADSL modem doesnt need to dial up.

A friend has said that if i put the ethernet cable from the modem into the first port then i will be able to share the connection!?

6. errata

Wise Guy

How many computers do you want to attach?
    Which adsl modem? Is it a pure modem or a modem router?

It should be possible but your going to have to configure both devices correctly.
    We need more info