WSUS not working

Soldato
I've got WSUS installed on a WSE 2016 server. It's configured to receive updates from Microsoft.

But my clients don't see it. The error in Event Viewer is Windows Update failed to check for updates with error 0x80240438. The client is not seen in WSUS admin. There are no errors listed in the WindowsUpdate event log on the server.

I've set the update location in the registry using GPEdit using the FQDN. It doesn't appear to be a firewall issue - the error persists if the firewall is off on both ends. Anonymous authentication is on in IIS but I cannot browse to http://myserver.mydomain:8530/ClientWebService/client.asmx

I've tried running GPUpdate /force and wuauclt /resetauthorisation /detectnow and wuauclt /reportnow

I am, of course, missing something obvious. What?

Soldato
OP
Progress! That's worked in that I can now browse to the URL and revealed that I had a typo in my firewall rule, but now I have to use the IP address in the browser and WSUS admin and the test client is still not seen. And now I'm getting a 503 error on the website. I think I'll just restart. I've screwed something up somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom