WTF Cyberbullying?

Permabanned
iBot said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/5210886.stm

I can understand abusive phonecalls might be annoying, but sms and msn/irc chats?

I've been 'flamed' countless times online, do I care? did it work me up in to a fury? no.

If someone starts talking crap ignore/leave the channel/block them it's online it's easy to do.

People who take any notice of what others say online are possibly the dimmest creatures on earth.

They're words, spouted by anonymous webmongs with names like 'Visage'. I mean, christ...get a grip.

Man of Honour
great the kids of tommorow, will have even less of a spine, when they leave education and work in the real world. A little bullying is very much a good think. If not taken to extremes.

Associate
They are talking about schoolkids who bully others online as well as at school so its pretty relentless for the person being bullied I would imagine. Just makes them feel vulnerable and that they can't get away from it even at home.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
CChrisca said:
They are talking about schoolkids who bully others online as well as at school so its pretty relentless for the person being bullied I would imagine. Just makes them feel vulnerable and that they can't get away from it even at home.

There is always a block button :confused:

Permabanned
OP
AcidHell2 said:
great the kids of tommorow, will have even less of a spine, when they leave education and work in the real world. A little bullying is very much a good think. If not taken to extremes.

No such thing as a little bullying bullies are evil, a monthly confrontation is okay though :)

Permabanned
ScarySquirrel said:
When i was at secondry school someone set up a website about a kid and just ripped it out of him on there, the whole school got kept behind until someone owned up, lol!

Linkage :p

But on a serious note, that is pretty stink...did anyone own up?

Soldato
It's not like some regular idiot talking to you on MSN...it's bullying, and whether it's done via phone, msn, or whatever, it's a horrible experience and any idiot who thinks it's ever a 'good thing' needs their head testing :mad:

The whole point about this is that bullies take over their victims lives. And by threatening people and carrying on their daily bullying by intruding into their private messages, inboxes and phones, they make it impossible for their victims to get away.

And btw I think that this
scarysquirrel said:
When i was at secondry school someone set up a website about a kid and just ripped it out of him on there, the whole school got kept behind until someone owned up, lol!
is just a vile thing to do. So cowardly.

Soldato
ScarySquirrel said:

I hope someone got punched for doing such a lame thing.

Soldato
kitten_caboodle said:
It's not like some regular idiot talking to you on MSN...it's bullying, and whether it's done via phone, msn, or whatever, it's a horrible experience and any idiot who thinks it's ever a 'good thing' needs their head testing :mad:

The whole point about this is that bullies take over their victims lives. And by threatening people and carrying on their daily bullying by intruding into their private messages, inboxes and phones, they make it impossible for their victims to get away.

And btw I think that this is just a vile thing to do. So cowardly.

Totally agree with that, being on the end of the phone calls at all hours of the day and having to change number twice I know what its like.

Good for you, **** ***, I got pushed out of college because of it. Unless it happens to you you have no idea how bad it can be.

MSN though and email is a bit far, you can just block the sender after one message but the phone calls is a little harder to do.

Back
Top Bottom