WTF Cyberbullying?

Soldato
LOL I remember been threatened by a guy who said he was going to "knock me out when he saw me" for going out with his ex 2 weks after she finished him, found it hilarious tbh and just wound the guy up for a few days, never even seen him in real life.

E-Bullying, what is the world coming to.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Yewen said:
Totally agree with that, being on the end of the phone calls at all hours of the day and having to change number twice I know what its like.

the phone calls is a little harder to do.

1)Why didnt u just hang up?

2)My last phone(RIP) could block numbers :D

Associate
I can imagine this would only be serious if it is an extention of real life bullying. As you say there's no point taking notice of random people from the net. I don't care what some bloke I'm never going to meet thinks of me.

But in cases where someone is being bullied at school or elsewhere in real life then going home is used to be the only peace they ever got. Now imagine them suddenly getting threats/insults via e-mails/websites/msn etc. It's not so easy to ignore knowing that you're going to have to face these people eventually.

Caporegime
I've seen it happen a lot in forums, there are always some people who are nasty idiots for no reason, and it can get annoying if you happen to frequent the site all the time, enjoy the community and whatnot.

It's easy to tell people to ignore it, but some people are more sensitve than others, and they shouldnt be held responsible for it.

Worst thing is that the bullies have so much more freedom as they are essentially safe from any sort of retaliation, unless the bully some sort of l337 hacker :D

Soldato
I had to ban bebo/piczo/myspace in the school because of kids being bullied on them or things been written about them or mobile phone pictures uploaded taken in the school.

I agree kids of tomorrow will have no backbone, personally I think bullying is wrong but we're going a little over the top in protecting kids these days.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
great the kids of tommorow, will have even less of a spine, when they leave education and work in the real world. A little bullying is very much a good think. If not taken to extremes.

Rubbish, bullying is never a good thing regardless of how much.

Friendly banter between colleagues or mates is fine as theyre going to be people you get on with but bullying is never done with any kind of friendly intent.

Soldato
its been reported tonight that 80% are now supporting Hezbollah things are getting ugly and no sign of a deal, read other day that some iranian troops have been killed in the fighting how long before syria and iran take a more direct action rather than fighting a proxie war?

Caporegime
LabR@t said:
its been reported tonight that 80% are now supporting Hezbollah things are getting ugly and no sign of a deal, read other day that some iranian troops have been killed in the fighting how long before syria and iran take a more direct action rather than fighting a proxie war?

Wrong thread perhaps? ;)

Soldato
LabR@t said:

nice question, suspiciously random for this thread however :p

And I did think it said 'pixie war' :o

Soldato
U CANT BE BULLIED ON THE INTERNET OR BY PHONE! jesus its so stupid... U have options block them and ignore it out of sight out of mind, and if its by phone just answer the phone and leave it there money they are wasting then see who be laughing when they cant afford to put credit on there phone.

Everyone bullies everyone in a way with name calling and stuff its part of growing up nothing is gonna stop it all together.

Back
Top Bottom