1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wtf was that!

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by FeFiDoh, 11 May 2006.

  1. FeFiDoh

    Sgarrista

    Joined: 17 Aug 2005

    Posts: 7,595

    Location: Swindon

    I was just plugging stuff back into my 360 and i touched the silver part of the VGA cable that goes into back of the console and got like an electric shock from it :| Was quite strong as well!
     
  2. bingham67

    Soldato

    Joined: 29 May 2005

    Posts: 6,656

    Location: Hertfordshire

    Ouch not good.
     
  3. DaveyD

    Man of Honour

    Joined: 19 Jan 2003

    Posts: 12,647

    Location: Warwickshire

    Was it connected to the TV at the time? It happens sometimes when connecting things up. You should always make sure things are off when you do mess around with them, just in case, as that static discharge can cause damage.
     
  4. Thesnipergecko

    Soldato

    Joined: 17 Oct 2002

    Posts: 7,249

    Location: Stoke-on-Trent

    LOL this is true :) Ive done it many a time, never learned from it though :p The cables do hold charge, expecially if their plugged into the tv and your tv's switched on.

    Paul ...
     
  5. Nismo

    Capodecina

    Joined: 17 Oct 2002

    Posts: 18,549

    Location: UK

    I sometimes get a shock off USB leads when I plug my phone in to sync, no biggie.
     
  6. SoliD

    Capodecina

    Joined: 25 Feb 2004

    Posts: 15,533

    Location: Portsmouth

    i always get this on my monitor cable, i find it enjoyable :p
     
  7. ps2wizz

    Gangster

    Joined: 15 Oct 2005

    Posts: 449

    Location: Nottingham

    lol nice
     
  8. PiKe

    Caporegime

    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 25,124

    Location: Lake District

    Tv ariel cable always seems to get me :(
     
  9. FeFiDoh

    Sgarrista

    Joined: 17 Aug 2005

    Posts: 7,595

    Location: Swindon

    but of an insight into his private life :eek:
     
  10. turtle3

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 16 Jul 2005

    Posts: 1,143

    Location: snodland

    The silver strip down the side of the hard drive always gives me a little zap whenever I touch it,, :eek: I thought it was faulty at first but works fine so I dont worry about it now,, :)
     
  11. SoliD

    Capodecina

    Joined: 25 Feb 2004

    Posts: 15,533

    Location: Portsmouth

    hehe ye i know, probably due to the fact its turned on nigh on 24/7, stupid power button broke when i sprayed it.
     
  12. McDaniel

    Capodecina

    Joined: 15 Aug 2003

    Posts: 19,879

    Location: Southend-on-Sea

    goto sleep, and turn of your camp music
     
  13. sharingan_sasuk

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 8 Apr 2004

    Posts: 2,054

    This often happens to me when I'm testing my graphics card for example (reseating it) and have to keep replugging the VGA cable. I get it from my satellite cable as well which plugs into the PCI card.