1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Fi Modes

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Shakey_Jake33, 1 Jun 2006.

1. Shakey_Jake33

Gangster

I sorta already know the answer to this, I'm asking in desperation.... is there really NO way to switch between modes without having to go the the Creative Volume Panel etc?

It's a really poor system I reckon right now, since I like to use Entertainment Mode for 90% of my PC usage, but would want to switch to Game Mode when playing a game. Keep forgetting to do this, thus find when I get in game many audio options don't work, or CMSS is kicking in (not idea in game... etc.

Creative really should make this selectable per-EXE like you can with ATi Tools for graphical config.

2. killer_uk

OcUK Staff

Yeah, it's not the best way of doing things - however there is a program someone made.

Hopefully they will get around to implementing this officially sometime.

EDIT: There you go: http://www.freewebs.com/spectra9/xfmc.html

Last edited: 1 Jun 2006
  3. Shakey_Jake33

Gangster

Brilliant!

Cheers :)

4. Rob43

Mobster

Great little program :D

5. Frost

Wise Guy

ahh cheers thats a neat little app there :)

6. Shakey_Jake33

Gangster

Wow. Set it so that it changes to Game Mode when I play Final Fantasy XI (set to pol.exe, not polboot.exe), sets back to Entertainment mode automatically when I close FFXI, so I can listen to music straight away. Awesome.