• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1800XT 256MB bios needed!

Associate
Hi. Does anyone have a bios file for the 265mb x1800xt? I can only find one on the internet and it seems to be a very early release.

I managed to aquire a x1800xl on the cheap a while back for a second PC and I flashed it to a 256mb XT using the ATI flashing program - the one used to flash the 512mb XT to XT PE speeds (700/800). It runs fine and benches flawlessly, but I had to install the drivers manually because the cat. 6.3 installer did not recognise it and CCC did not have some of the more advanced options. Worst of all, ATI-Tool no longer has a fan speed option.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Associate
OP
Thanks. There is only one there and it's the one I am currently using - I think that it's the only one on the entire web! According to the compilation date, it was compiled around the the time of the X1800 launch, when the 256mb version was but a myth.

I would be grateful if someone with an actual 256mb XT could just save their bios using the ATI bios flashing utility that is used to flash the 512mb variant to PE speeds.

Thanks again!

Associate
OP
Nope, it's not dead. It didn't seem any different to the other XT bios. I've just gone back to my original XL bios now, sitting at 650/650. I just decided to see if it worked, that's all!

Back
Top Bottom