1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X1800XT cooling, X2 or VF-900 & overclocking tips

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Graeme43, 31 Jul 2006.

1. Graeme43

Gangster

Hi all! :D I cannot decide on either getting the Zalman VF-900 or Arctic X2 Accelero thingy for my C3D X1800XT. The stock cooler is way too noisy at high speeds for overclocking and highest stable core setting that I have had is 682 (second lowest after 690 I can get ATI OD to) as the core reset at 690 :rolleyes:

So please recommend me the best one and I'll get it :D

I would also like to know some of your peope overclocks as such as I have no idea what is safe on the memory :confused: and I'm using overdrive because ATI tool just causes me artifacts and freezes at any speed really, even setting it 5mhz above stock!

Thanks! :D

2. SiriusB

Capodecina

The Zalman is probably the best one out at the moment :)

As long as the overclock is stable and your temps aren't ridiculously high you should be fine.

SiriusB

3. Fanatic

Mobster

Yer im going to get one of these coolers for my X1800XT.

At the moment it idles in windows around 70C, tho now i have set the Fan to try and keep it at 60. This makes the fan noise go up and down which is pretty annoying.

4. flyborg

Associate

Ay up,
    I've had the vf900 on my x1800xt 512 for about a month now. And I love it
    I never adjusted the fan speed on the original cooler and it was pretty loud most of the time. With the vf900 it seems to have knocked about 20degrees off at idle.
    Get one. :D

5. Graeme43

Gangster

It'll be on its way soon :) mmm quieter cooling :eek: no more hair dryer style :D