• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1800xt - lower refresh rate?

Associate
Hi,

I recently built a new system, incorporating the powercolour x1800xt card. When setting my refresh rate (tft screen) it won't allow me to go above 75 hertz. This is with the 'allow only monitor supported refresh rates' tick on.

The weird thing is, with my old card (6600GT) and the same monitor, it allowed me to go up to 85Hz...

Could someone explain this to me please?

Thanks!

Soldato
Refresh rate isnt really important on TFT's as it is with CRT's. Have a look and see what the native resolution of your screen is as it should mention the refresh rate there. It'll be something like 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz. To be honest i've never seen a TFT that has a refresh above 75Hz. I suspect that even though your old card was saying the refresh was set to 85Hz that the screen was infact at 75Hz. The new card is obviously picking up the correct settings for your sceen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom