• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1800xt not performing as it should

Soldato
The overclocks it gives is a lie also, I dont actually think it overclock to 690 on the core as I get higher 3dmark scores when I manually overclock my score to 635!

Associate
welshtom said:
Whats wrong with the good old control panel thesedays then?

Nothing much at all imo apart from profile creation. It's just that ATi seem to be pushing the CCC. It's quite hard to get the control panel version of the latest drivers. Think you can get still get them by going to the FireGL downloads section.

Soldato
zytok said:
Nothing much at all imo apart from profile creation. It's just that ATi seem to be pushing the CCC. It's quite hard to get the control panel version of the latest drivers. Think you can get still get them by going to the FireGL downloads section.
*Jumps on it.*

Soldato
huh old control panel, does this overclock and voltmod past CCC? Can someone link me I've never used ATI before so im not sure what you guys are talking about but I wanna try it.

Associate
OP
Bah, still no good. I'm still getting 7100 in 3d mark 2005 using ati tools and the ati tray tool thingy. Also, I tried to overclock it using the autodetect feature in ati tool but the core wouldn't go past 630 and the memory got to about 780 when artifacts started appearing.

Maybe it's something wrong with the card. Even if my system needed a clean install, it still should be getting much higher than my 7800gt was getting a few days ago, but it's only getting the same score.

One strange thing I've noticed is that in all the benchmarks I run (3d marks, FEAR, aquamark, splinter cell), I get almost exactly the same score/frame rate as my 7800gt, and at all the different settings, I still get a near identical score/frame rate. It seems strange, I'd expect there to be some sort of variation.

Soldato
I meant reinstall your system and check if the card is working properly after that, if it isnt then RMA it because the card maybe faulty.

Soldato
Nah dont repair, backup everything, format the drive and install a fresh copy of windows on it, then install the .net thing then the ati drivers.

Back
Top Bottom