• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1800XT Voltages on Water & Temp question

Soldato
sablabra said:
I've run PE for ages without that affecting my clocking. A few days ago I did some testing. Here are the results for 3dmark 05:

Stock gpu(625/750) and stock cpu(2ghz): 9155
Stock gpu(625/750) and [email protected]: 9676
Gpu@780/864 and stock cpu(2ghz): 9827
Gpu@780/864 and [email protected]: 11281

PS: I have a x2 3800+ ;)
Get that memory bumped right up to 900, you'll probably be able to surpass that too.

Associate
Vegeta said:
Thats really nice.

This is what i'm getting with my [email protected], memory at 190 (bad memory upgraded soon will tell of score after) and gpu at 710/900 - hopefully i figure out why the card wont allow me to go past 730 - I might give the x1800xtpe bios a try but I only have the 256mb model.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2031180

I think my memory at 900 is maybe a bit too much, it didnt artifact in 2dmark 05 but im semi sure I might have seen slight black flashes in the background, will game and test its stability.

Nice speed on the memory you got there though :) . But I would expect you to score higher than 10247 with that clock. With the PE bios and no further oc I get 10,2k. Would imagine you getting a bit more. Btw, what voltage are you running on the memory?

EDIT: Yeah, I will play around with the memory more later. I want to break 11,5k :D

Last edited:
Soldato
sablabra said:
Nice speed on the memory you got there though :) . But I would expect you to score higher than 10247 with that clock. With the PE bios and no further oc I get 11,2k. Would imagine you getting a bit more. Btw, what voltage are you running on the memory?

I think a lot has todo with my cpu only at 2.6ghz coupled with my memory on a fsb of 190.
I've also had a nvidia card in this/out of this/ reinstall of drivers etc a lot for testing, once I find best way i'll do a fresh install, only on 512mb ram also to get cpu that high as my 1gig is really bad.

My memory is on 1.987 (I didnt test to see if this is best setting, just a random setting someone else had in this thread so I thought i'd try it).

Associate
Vegeta said:
I think a lot has todo with my cpu only at 2.6ghz coupled with my memory on a fsb of 190.
I've also had a nvidia card in this/out of this/ reinstall of drivers etc a lot for testing, once I find best way i'll do a fresh install, only on 512mb ram also to get cpu that high as my 1gig is really bad.

My memory is on 1.987 (I didnt test to see if this is best setting, just a random setting someone else had in this thread so I thought i'd try it).

Ok, but I have NO chance to reach any higher at 1.987V, so I'm going to try below 1.9V for once :D

Associate
Minstadave said:
I'm in the low 1.8s and still not running into problems, I've bought the memory buffer voltage down to, seems fine so far.

I'll start some playing tonight/tomorrow :)

Vegeta: Naah, 11k is kind of hard without proper cooling, but once that's sorted it shouldn't be too hard. Remember that not all cards will overclock the same ;) . And you would need a good cpu obviusly. At 2.0 ghz I couldn't reach 10k even at 780/864

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom