• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900 Noise, Conclusion

Soldato
Duke said:
Why so many people changing from 7800 gt/gtx to 1900XT/XTX?
Because a lot of people on this forum change their card(s) for the fastest available one, and that presently means buying a 1900XT/XT-X

I'm not having a go at you specifically, but I get the feeling we wouldn't be seeing these kind of posts if the change was from an ATi card to a nVidia one (as it will be with the G71 most likely).

So much ATI negativity here :(

Soldato
Also, it can be a "free" upgrade. A second hand 512mb (because of its lacking presence) will probably fetch as much money that is needed to buy an XT.
Seems like a fair deal to me :)

Soldato
The Asgard said:
Made £150 on my trade from a GTX512 to X1900XT
Nice one, an upgrade to a faster card and 150 quid in your hand
icon14.gif

Man of Honour
BubbySoup said:
Because a lot of people on this forum change their card(s) for the fastest available one, and that presently means buying a 1900XT/XT-X

I'm not having a go at you specifically, but I get the feeling we wouldn't be seeing these kind of posts if the change was from an ATi card to a nVidia one (as it will be with the G71 most likely).

So much ATI negativity here :(
...was only genuinely wondering why people wanted to switch cards, as they are both uber anyway, but as Dutch Guy said I guess it's down to raw shader power and some soft of future proofing :)

Why do you think I'm against ATI for? My current and previous gfx cards are ATI :) (9800 Pro, X800 XT PE).

Back
Top Bottom