• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1900xt and HD tv

Associate
is it possible to get my x1900xt to output HD to a HDTV?
the box says HDTV on it, but i'm just curious as to how i could do it and what the results are like?

i'm thinking of getting a HDtv and instead of buying a HD compatible DVD player, i'd use my PC to play DVDs if i knew i could output HD

Soldato
probably best to post in the av section near the bottom

but with a few software additions ( fddshow and media player classic are common combinations I believe) you should be ok - but its to do with cpu horsepower as well I believe so check down there for more details

edit ...didnt read your sig - I should guess that your X2 4400 with 2GB should be more than capable

Caporegime
Willbo said:
is it possible to get my x1900xt to output HD to a HDTV?
the box says HDTV on it, but i'm just curious as to how i could do it and what the results are like?

i'm thinking of getting a HDtv and instead of buying a HD compatible DVD player, i'd use my PC to play DVDs if i knew i could output HD

yes its possible look in the Catalyst Control Centre there is a section which is all about enabline HD modes

Caporegime
Psycho Sonny said:
he wants to run HD though, my native res is 1360 x 768 but hd is 1024 x 768

1360x768 is hd, anything with 700 horizontal pixels or more is hd.

If your thinking of using your pc to play dvds, ffdshow is a must.

Last edited:
Soldato
Energize said:
1360x768 is hd, anything with 700 horizontal pixels or more is hd.

If your thinking of using your pc to play dvds, ffdshow is a must.

I wouldnt say its a must personally - dont get me wrong it certainly has benefits but I cant tell that much difference between a decent upscaling DVD player / tv and ffdshow

Back
Top Bottom