x1900xt overheating

Associate
I have a x1900xt with a Zalman v900cu and it seems to always overheat after a certain period of time under load. Both the GPU and GPU environment temperatures always seem to be rising when under load so I think that the air around the graphics card simply isn't moving. This would make sense as my case's air flow doesn't really cover that area and since the GPU fan blows downwards the air wouldn't really go anywhere on its own.

I have two ideas, first was to try putting a fan in the graphics card duct that my case has (Antec P180), but it looks like the fan would be a bit high to really help cool the graphics card that much. The other idea was to get something like this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Akasa_396.html#aSY_2d000_2dGE (bottom one), but I'm not sure how well that would work as the fans would be quite out of line.

If anyone has any ideas or input on these ideas, they'd be appreciated, thanks.

Associate
What are your temps on idle/load for the x1900xt - as the X1900 series
do run quite hot.
My x1900xtx runs between 35-45 on idle + can get to 70 under load at stock
but if clocked to 690/800 it can go up to 80's (Core is shown as high as 92).

Your P180 looks to have a similar perforated grill above pci slots as my V2000+ which has a 120mm Blower Fan that can be fitted to sit above the pci slots which is fastened by thumbscrews. U might try googling to see if u can find one if that will be of any use.

:)

Associate
OP
im getting 90-100 degrees on the steam forums they recommend putting a fan below the card to bring in cool air underneath the card. however i am unsure on how to mount a fan into the expansion slots

Back
Top Bottom