• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1900xtx voltage regulater temps

Soldato
These vreg coolers are interesting to me, Ive sent off for a pa160 to use with my maze4gpu and eheim 1250. I bought the nvidia mounting kit so I can trasfer from x800gto to x1900. Ive got nothing else in my loop, cooling the vregs would be cool.

PA160 is on backorder so Ill see if I can add that to the list. :)

Associate
this thread is a little old now but did any of you find a good cooling solution (not involving water)? Been overclocking mine tonight and took it up to 680/720 (havent started the momory clock yet) and it was running fine at 1.445 volts but at one put during testing the Voltage regulator temp hit 100c, I quickly clocked it back to 661 and 1.4v but is still going up to 92C (which seems to be normal. I have the side of my case off at the moment (been playing with my memory timings and keep having to clear the bios :( ). When i put it back on i have 2 8cm fans over the video cards so hopefully this will cool it a little bit more.

Edit: Just put the side of my case back on. Voltage regulator now at 77C and gpu temp has dropped from 80 to 70.

Turning the fan up from 86% to 100% has knocked the VRT down to 75c and the GPU 68c (and it seems to be dropping further).

Edit 2:
Set GPU fan speed to 80% under 70c and 100% over 70C. Have upped it back to 680 and doing the memory now. Just testing on 680/760.5 at 1.445v and VRT is 76c and gpu hovers between 68c and 71c. Will update as i put it up higher.

Only problem is i think it will make me go deaf :) (especially when i clock the other one too!).

Im going to mod my case to add another 12cm directly over the Voltage regulator, as it will be blowing directly into the air intake for the GPU too i should be able to turn down the stock fan speeds too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jimbo Mahoney said:
How will the mem get cooked? Just up the Vcore.

And it's NEVER quick enough, that's why we're on OcUK ;)

This forum needs to get more extreme, man! (But then I guess that's what XS is for, huh?)

Well said Jimbo :D Spot on mate

Back
Top Bottom