• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X2 4400 Overclocks

kbc

kbc

Associate
juno_first said:
I have an a8N-SLI Premium, OCZ 3200 plat.
timmings at cas3 1T (1T boosts benchmark from 5.8mb/sec to 6.8mb/sec), cant remember other timmings & at work now :( Let you know later if you want.
At 3v with 80mm fan over RAM sticks very important as get v-hot else.

Please do... I've tried numerous numbers to get it to run at 1T, but it just won't have it even at those slack timings I've mentioned above. :( It's pretty annoying.

Soldato
Tooke me ages get best timmings at 250/1T as kept having reset BIOS due to RAM instability, lol.
I'd deffo think about sticking a fan over the RAM sticks blowing down, running 3200 @ 250 >2.9volts.
If you have different RAM than me then my timmings may not work but just change the figures a bit.

kbc

kbc

Associate
juno_first said:
In the order as shown in the BIOS:
3 5 3 2 11 13 3 2 1T

Thanks juno_first... will have to test those timings out at 1T, how did you mount a fan to blow over the RAM sticks... am using G.Skill ZX. :)

trojan698 said:
CCBWE 0532UPMW

currently @ 2.5ghz on 1.4v. 42 degrees on load.

Just fitted my TT Big Typhoon so wish me luck :)

edit - bought it in October

Good luck trojan698! :p Same heatsink as me... good luck hitting the 2.6.

Soldato
My cooling, use cable ties etc., crude but effective.

All the fans run on 7v and there are 2x 120mm side case fans too as the graphics cards need an exhaust. :eek:

Last edited:

kbc

kbc

Associate
juno_first said:
My cooling, use cable ties etc., crude but effective.

All the fans run on 7v and there are 2x 120mm side case fans too as the graphics cards need an exhaust. :eek:

Can't quite see how you've done that on your photo over the RAM sticks... you mounted 2 large case fans for the graphics card, is that to replace the stock coolers?

Soldato
Wrapped a cable tie around the fan & tied up on the power lead to the right.
1x 120mm fan blowing in over cpu & 120mm fan blowing out over graphics cards.
Stock fans still active on graphics cards but no need spin up anymore :), on variable resister as turn up when play extended 3D, 90mm on top card / 80mm on bottom card but top card still runs 15c hotter.

Back
Top Bottom