X360 Full Auto Demo - Jan 25th

Soldato
played the demo and its not my cup of tea.
to much going on at once, i dislike games like this.
frame stutters arnt impressive and im not seeing any graphics that blow me away like they should on a next gen manchine.

/me walks off to play tigerwoods :D

Soldato
I still stand by my impressions of playing this demo before xmas, I thought it was average at best. Seems quite a few of us share the same opinion.

Does anyone think it might have been a mistake to release this demo? It's going to hurt sales of this game.

Soldato
It's a bit unengaging... You just drive about trying to get to the head of the pack, which after a few big crashes is miles away. The weapons also don't seem to do that much damage and imo it just feels a bit light on the physics side as well. There's not that satisfying feeling you get of slamming an opponent that you get in Burnout for example.

Soldato
I think the bad feedback form the demo is why the game got delayed, I think they are going to polish it more before releasing it.

Soldato
Not just another car game, this one's different, it's an utterly crap car game! All they've done is totally overuse particles to try and disguise the awful gameplay, the replay's are horrible too, especially compared to the replay lovelieness that is PGR.

Associate
Just played it. Seems the same as the OXM demo in terms of shocking framerate. Ok, so demo's aren't always representitive of final gameplay etc, but what thinking goes into releasing this crap? 'lets boost our sales by putting out a shocking demo where as soon as the lovely destruction starts happening the framerate dies'. Lets hope its fixed in retail, but even if it is, who is going to risk buying it after seeing this rubbish?

Associate
RoB- said:
The game's problem isn't the framerate, the game's problem is it's crap. I didn't notice any slowdown.

Strange, I didn't think framerate could be objective. Unless you're running it at 480p and it doesn't suffer as much like someone previously hinted at.

Associate
RoB- said:
Running through component @ 720p. Maybe i was so bored I didn't pay enough attention to notice the framerate....It looked fine to me.

lol thats entirely possible with this tripe. Everything feels light when ramming into it, with Burnout everything has more weight to it.

Soldato
Just tried the demo, it seemed ok but I agree on the everything feels light/weightless comments. I just tapped left on the stick and the car flew into a turn, it just felt really odd. The visuals looked good, and I had a slight 6sec frame rate slowdown as the race started, but from then on it was smooth.

Very angry the way the demo quits straight to desktop, that's nothing short of truly pathetic by such a big name company. They're doing themselves no favours by promoting the game with such an utterly poor demo.

Soldato
OP
Just played this myself and quit half way into the 2nd lap......Visually it looks good but playing @ 720p i was noticing slowdown and jerking when the screen was very busy.....Can't say it was much fun either.....

I will try it again but i feel i have already crucified this title.....No chance in hell of me buying this going by that demo ;) :o

Back
Top Bottom