1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[X360] Table Tennis

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by CocoPops, 22 May 2006.

1. CocoPops

Mobster

So who's preordered Table Tennis then?

£26.99, so it's a cheapy.

Ordered from channel islands, so will have to see how long it takes to come through.

2. Davey_Pitch

Man of Honour

Yup, pre-ordered it today, £24.99 from Gameplay (along with Hitman: Blood Money) with a 5% discount as well on both titles. Should both hopefully arrive Thursday morning (which would be lovely as I have Thursday and Friday off work).

3. dannyjo22

Caporegime

I dont really see any long term appeal in this, but I await Daveys review on hitman.

I will wait on both titles to see the general view before I buy.

4. McDaniel

Capodecina

Table Tennis doesnt interest me, and ive not really liked the previous Hitman titles, so cant see myself getting either.

5. Nismo

Capodecina

Trying to decide between buying TT or Hitman this week. Will probably get Hitman and get TT when its (even) cheaper second hand.

6. JUMPURS

Capodecina

i'll no doubt buy it, gonna sell some of my other games too, that way i can get tourist trophy also ;)
    i dunno about it though, in ox360 mag they had a wee mini review and it did say 'there's a reason its half the price of any other 360 game' which made me wonder lol

7. Wyrdo

Capodecina

Exactly the same as me :)

Had them on pre-order for some time and Gameplay finally recognised I spend lots of money with them and sent me a loyalty code :p

8. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Table tennis might be a good rental game.

9. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

Think ill get these off the MM when they turn up cheap. Neither shouts "MUST BUY" tbh but both look worth a crack. Still a bit busy on the game front atm tbh lol

10. NokkonWud

Caporegime

I really want Hitman 2, I think it's gonna be excellent, I will reserve judgement til after playing Table Tennis however.

I also want the new X-Men game :).

11. llyama

Associate

hmm bit of a downer, i was really looking forward to table tennis. Wasn't expecting a great deal of content with loads of arena's and show off animations and stuff, but decent gameplay in it. Me and a friend have been looking forward to some good rally's over xbox live.

meh

12. iGiDK

Hitman

I've got it on pre-order, looking forward to playing it :D

Last edited: 23 May 2006
  13. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

awaits review or £20 from members market

14. Psycho Ned

Sgarrista

i'm interested to know why its cheap?

Is it because it's pretty limited features wise? Or did they not think a full price table tennis game would sell more than 5 copies :p

IGN is going to have their review up at somepoint today so we'll see what they think of it.

15. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

Give this man a gong :D releasing simple budget priced title is a marketing staple. Im still young enough to remember being in a game shop and having to go right to the budget games because £40-£50 was beyond my means.

I think that to own a brand new title for the price of a budget release has to be attractive. It also means that older gamers like us lot with more money dont mind taking a risk on a game that in all honesty could be either great or distinctly average

16. Kainz

Capodecina

I'll await reviews of both games :) Not into TT but hey it's Rockstar! Never played Hitman before either.

17. Herminator

Hitman

It's £30 because it's a simpler game, a reasonable number of characters to choose, a few arenas and tables. Reasonably simple physics to program and a limited range of animations. It's makes for a much quicker game to produce and since wages are a companies main cost, there's less money needed.
    Seems like they just wanted to dip their toes in the next gen console technoligy, produce something fun and learn from the process.

18. Wyrdo

Capodecina

19. Priest

Hitman

I'm really looking forward to this one for some reason, will be getting it Friday.

20. iGiDK

Hitman

The review's out on IGN

Last edited: 23 May 2006