X570 - Asus ROG Hero VIII or Prime Pro?

Associate
Other than 2x extra SATA ports, and extra USB 3.2 ports on the rear IO ... exactly what are the perks of owning a ROG compared to the Prime series?

Are the components different in terms of build quality on the ROG?

What justifies the £150 price difference between these boards?

I'm struggling to pick.

Associate
Other than 2x extra SATA ports, and extra USB 3.2 ports on the rear IO ... exactly what are the perks of owning a ROG compared to the Prime series?

Are the components different in terms of build quality on the ROG?

What justifies the £150 price difference between these boards?

I'm struggling to pick.
I think both the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
and the Asus Prime X570-Pro (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard are not worth considering at their current price points.

If you absolutely must stick with Asus, then their Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard is cheaper and has included WiFi. It has fewer PCIe slots and only 1Gbps ethernet, but normally that's more than enough for most people.

I'd personally look at the Gigabyte X570 motherboard range, as this time round many of these motherboards offer the better spec for the equivalent price.

Also bear in mind that there are a number of decent B450 motherboards that are also good options.

Associate
The hero will have better VRMs, lots of overclocking diagnostic indicators more fan headers and be more geared up for overclocking. It will also have water cooling headers as well. The prime is the entry level board.

TrM

TrM

Associate
The hero will have better VRMs, lots of overclocking diagnostic indicators more fan headers and be more geared up for overclocking. It will also have water cooling headers as well. The prime is the entry level board.

What he said and do t forget the most important part your also paying for the rog branding also that’s put the price up some :)

Associate
OP
Thank you. If improved VRM's and I plan on upgrading to a better CPU later on - assuming AMD will keep their promise re chipset and socket upgrades. They are currently so looks promising. Looking at the R7 3700X atm.

Back
Top Bottom