x570 Unable to boot

Associate
I'm constantly getting error code B2 on the x570 Gigabyte Master.

Apparently its something to do with legacy option rom initialization, and the Vga error light is on.

My gpu works fine and i've used another card on it, tried a different pci slot....nothing.

Tried updating the Bios via Q flash Plus, dunno if it works as I'm unable to even get to the main bios page.

Bah!

Associate
OP
Using a Zotac 2080 ti AMP

Yeah I've deleted windows on the m.2 and was going to install windows on it onces it booted.

I haven't booted or even seen the bios once since I've built it....sadly.

OcUK Staff
Try a single stick of ram. Usually b2 is it can't read the vga bios or vga is dead... But can also be memory passes training but then can't actually boot with those settings..

Also remove any devices in USB or drives in the board. So just one stick of mem and try boot..

Soldato
Couple of other things to check, make sure the cable from your monitor to the GPU is plugged in correctly......try a different cable if need be, and also, make sure you have your RAM in the correct slots, its a common problem, there is one particular slot on AM4 motherboards that must be used first.

Associate
I'm constantly getting error code B2 on the x570 Gigabyte Master.

Apparently its something to do with legacy option rom initialization, and the Vga error light is on.

My gpu works fine and i've used another card on it, tried a different pci slot....nothing.

Tried updating the Bios via Q flash Plus, dunno if it works as I'm unable to even get to the main bios page.

Bah!

Ive been having probelms with mine too, takes ages to get to BIOS, also keeps switching between BIOS's by itself. Used the switch to put into single bios mode only and still did it! After about 4 attempts it usually gets into windows. :(

Soldato
Ive been having probelms with mine too, takes ages to get to BIOS, also keeps switching between BIOS's by itself. Used the switch to put into single bios mode only and still did it! After about 4 attempts it usually gets into windows. :(

Should really start a new thread, but sounds like a ram issue to me, maybe it doesnt like the ram you're using.

Back
Top Bottom