x79 - Intel Rapid Storage Enterprise SLOW SSD

Associate
Hi guys,

Recently built a new system, upgraded from an old AMD Athlon XP build. I went the whole hog and got the i7-3960X, Gigabyte X79 G1 Assassin 2, ATI 7970 (second on the way) and topped this off nicely with a 240GB Intel 520 SSD.

I set everything up and installed all the drivers Gigabyte provided with the mobo..... and the problems began. My boot time with the SSD is over a minute when I install the Intel Rapid Storage Enterprise drivers.... slower than my old AMD rig with a OCZ agility 3 SSD. It spends 20ish seconds on the glowing Windows logo and then the screen goes black for 20-30 seconds and then it loads the desktop.... at which stage it is perfectly usable and benches at what it should.

I have reformatted it twice and installed the drivers in singles and rebooted to confirm it was the Intel driver.... also tried the agility 3 SSD and it performed the same. I am currently running off the default Windows driver and it loads in under 20 seconds....

Anyone experience anything like this? I find it weird the Intel drivers are slowing the system down... weirder that they don't even work with their own SSD! I would appreciate any help

Associate
OP
are you using the latest bios?

heres the very latest storage entaprise drivers,try those

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmu1gifeg3n459h

those on the disc will be outdated

I did try the 3.2.0.1135 driver from Intel's site, sorry I forgot to mention that.... slight higher numbers on the bench but the boot time was the same.

Yeah I'm running both f10 and f11 BIOS (duel bios mobo) and there is no difference in performance in either.

Back
Top Bottom