• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x800 GTO

Associate
Yeah, like they said, it won't work becuse it's agp. I'm guessing you wanted that because it's an All In Wonder card. To be honest, a seperate TV Tuner card probably will be better, as you can dictate what type you get and and what features you have.

There is a ATi Asus X1600XT SILExtreme card which has a pre-built Heatsink without fan on it, it's £111.57.

I guessing thats out of your price range unless you sell the X800GTO for £100 (thats a big IF).

But again, if gaming isn't a paramount concern but silence IS, then maybe you could afford to sell your X800GTO and downgrade to a quieter solution.

Associate
If you go about installing a different cooler on your X800GTO, you must make sure there is enough space in your shuttle, and also take into account that you'll need a free PCI slot for your eventual TV Tuner card upgrade.

but if you do go that route, you could get a Zalman, an Artic cooler (how quiet are thoses??), or get a thermaltake CL-G0003/CL-G0009 like I have (these are completely fanless but are also BIG, and you need decent airflow in your case, so probably not the best for you).

Mul

Mul

Associate
To answer your question about the Zalman, they are very quiet. Within my case is it the only inaudible fan.

There are 2 zalman coolers. The VF700 and the VF900. Both are very quiet but the 900 performs far better. For your needs I would almost certainly recommend the zalman vf-700. As for installation, it's a piece of cake. Installed it on my X800 and it was a breeze. Shame I am a total clutz and landed up snapping off 2 capacitors when putting the card back in :o

Mul

Back
Top Bottom