• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X800 GTO2 Thread, post your mods and clocks here.

Permabanned
ARGH this thread, i have £900 worth of pc sitting right next to me and my £160 GTO2, im so ******off, just seen my baby niece and had a few cans, so its not all bad.

Associate
Flashing the card is ok as long as you read the guides carefully and make sure you miss out none of the steps. If you back up your old bios then you should have no worries. Just make sure the card works 100% before you do it. I was still terrified until it booted up again.

Permabanned
OP
i know, its just ive never flashed £160 worth of gear before.... and i wouldnt know how to flash it back if i couldnt get it to display...

Associate
cheets64 said:
i hope everyone reads this

"i have not flashed or even had a chance to flash, i cannot get anything on screen when i boot my new pc"

Without rubbing it in too much doesn't your sig only depress you more?
Get it sent back m8

Associate
locutus12 said:
i know, its just ive never flashed £160 worth of gear before.... and i wouldnt know how to flash it back if i couldnt get it to display...

When I flashed my old 9800np to a 9800 pro I had that exact problem.
Was I sweating that night :eek:
I used an old PCI card to get a display to fix it.

Soldato
this word filter is stupid why does it block the word (w.o.t) remove the dots. it also block some other simple words. i mean how does the word w.o.t relate to a supplier? it makes no sense?

Associate
Now that Ive successfully modded the bios on my GTO2 is it possible to mod it again with the 850XT PE bios and would this change the clock speeds to save me from using a utility to overclock.
I am thinking of replacing the existing heatsink/fan with a Zalman and put heatsinks on the ram where I can.

Associate
Has anyone replaced the heatsink and fan on one of these yet?

If so what with, have a Zalman somewhere so am thinking of fitting that.

Regards,

Matt

P.S. With the Zalman am I better off using AS5 rather than the gunk they supply?

Soldato
locutus12 said:
**** me im a happy bunny... ATI Tool results...

GPU 400Mhz to 560
Memory 490 to 610

my 3D05 score jumped from 4098 at stock to 5198 :o

:D :D :D

Have you unlocked the additional 4 pipes, or simply overclocked the core and memory. Your score seems a little low if you are running 16 pipe at 560/610. You should be over 6000 points in 3DMark05.

Permabanned
OP
melchy said:
Have you unlocked the additional 4 pipes, or simply overclocked the core and memory. Your score seems a little low if you are running 16 pipe at 560/610. You should be over 6000 points in 3DMark05.

i dont have a floppy drive to unlock them with... ;)

Back
Top Bottom