• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X850XT fan noise

Associate
I recently bought a PowerColor X850 XT and have found it a fab card up until tonight. I installed and started playing Star Wars Battlefront 2, after playing for a couple of hours the fan started making a hell of a noise. Not a broken noise, just loud :p

Temps on the card were around 62C while playing (42C idle). Is this card normally as noisy as this on intensive games? It's just this is the first time its been so loud or gotten quite as hot.

It's @ stock btw.

Zeph.

Associate
mine did the same at stock settings, try going into ati tool and change the setpoints for the fan mine had it so that when it hits 60'c the fan would spin up 100% hoover style! just change it so that its progressive as the temps go up.
Atm mine is set at 0-50'c 45%, 50-60'c 55%, 60-70'c 65% and so on. mine will idle at 34'c and under load will peak at about 62'c

Associate
I have a HIS 850xt clocked to pe speeds and yes the fans are quite loud under load, i too use ati tool to vary the speed of the fan but i have mine set to maintain a temp of 65c which, for the most part anyway, means it's fairly quiet till i start playing something that pushes it a bit.

Associate
OP
I'll have a look at Ati Tool to see if i can tweak the speeds as you guys have suggested, cheers. Failing that i could stick the tower in the mini fridge under my desk, i'm sure it would look good next to the Coors ;)

Back
Top Bottom