X99 not starting

Associate
Hello,

My x99 mobo is not showing any error codes when my pc is not starting. The fans don’t spin only the power light flashes once after plugged in. My pc suddenly stopped turning on a week ago and I cannot figure out why. It’s a X99 Gigabyte gaming 5 m mobo. It’s not posting error codes so does that mean it’s the mobo?

The psu was replaced with a 850 Evga platinum last week. So it’s not the psu failing.

I’m sure it’s not shorting I disconnected everything but cpu and ram it’s been in this case secured the whole time. What could it be? No error codes?

Any help is appreciated

Video of light flashing when given power
https://youtu.be/I76wzZNaso0

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you checked the manual to see what it says? As you did a PSU swap around the same time has it ever worked since? Have you double checked all the power connectors are in place? CMOS reset? You haven’t disturbed RAM/GPU in the process etc?

Associate
OP
Yes I’ve checked the mobo manual there should be a error code. I changed the Psu immediately after the computer stopped working it has the same symptoms as before it’s deffo not the psu or lack of connectors. I removed all the pci and SATA cables just to check if it would spin up, still no luck. I can try cmos reset.

Man of Honour
from the sounds of the video you have to switch the wall socket/psu off and on again everytime?
if it is so, then likely short or blown cap somewhere. strip down the computer and have a look.

Back
Top Bottom