1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 AV Problem

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Si., 24 Jul 2006.

1. Si.

Wise Guy

I was going to sell my Xbox360 to my brother but it seems we have a slight problem with his TV.

At the moment he's only got an older non HD TV, but he's lost the remote control for it. Not a problem I thought, when he switches on his DVD player it detects the signal and auto switches to AV to display ths picture. However, this isn't happening with the Xbox. With everything switched on and plugged in the TV is not auto switching to AV.

I've tried this on my TV, as well as 1 other and get the same issue. It this a known thing? Is there a way to fix it?

Si

2. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

there is ususally a button on the tv to switch to AV, its not the xbox's fault

3. Si.

Wise Guy

That's the problem, there is no button.

4. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

maybe use the dvd player to create a signal to get it to turn to AV, then quickly shove the 360 bit in?

5. Si.

Wise Guy

:)

Tried that, as soon as I remove the DVD player it reverts to normal channels.

6. VIRII

PermaBanned

Buy yourself a cheap 3 in 1 remote control.
    Enter the make / model number code for the TV into the 3 in 1 and you're away.

7. Si.

Wise Guy

Just remembered that I have an old Sky remote.. so I'll use that..

8. DaveyD

Man of Honour

I'd have thought AV Autoswitching would only happen on a proper RGB SCART cable, not the basic composite SCART block. May be wrong though.

9. Raumarik

Capodecina

I noticed my new TV doesn't auto switch either, if I turn on my freeview box, even when the Xbox is on the TV reverts to freeview instead. Likewise to play on the Xbox I have to turn off freeview (it wont switch to Xbox 360 even if freeview is on first). I've tried swapping the scart sockets around but doesn't seem to matter, freeview always pwns my 360 :(

it's a minor thing but a little annoying, probably the same problem your having mate.