1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Display Prob

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Scientific, 31 Jul 2006.

1. Scientific

Gangster

Hey guys looking to soo if anyone has any advice here a mate of mine purchased a 360 about a week ago and suddenly its started to only display in black and white!!, now he's tried unplugging, changing screens, etc... all not working, there is no red light displayed everything works as normal.

I havent tried my 360 cables on his yet as he lives far away, my advice to him was to take it back, but am i missing something could it be a simple fault.

Cheers

2. Tigjaw

Hitman

There's a switch on the xbox360 end of the AV cable, is it switched on the right option?

3. Dark_Angel

Capodecina

is he trying to run the console is 60HZ on a 50HZ only TV? if the TV is using composite or Scart, he may have to change a TV setting to allow for 60HZ... I have the option on mine to selection the region input on my scart.

4. VIRII

PermaBanned

Doesn't NTSC output come out as black and white on a PAL setting on the TV?
    I suggest he double checks the video settings of the Xbox and the display settings on the TV.

5. Scientific

Gangster

Yeah the thing is it was working fine before, i think what VIRII said could be right ill let him know.

Thanks guys