1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Plug and Charge tip (charging while off)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by IceBus, 19 Jan 2006.

1. IceBus

Sgarrista

Contrary to popular belief I found out last night that you can in fact get the controller to charge from the Plug & Charge kit when the X360 itself is off.

Turn the Xbox 360 on, plug in the charge lead as usual, then hold down the guide button on the controller until you get the Turn off controller/Turn off console menu. Tell it to turn off the console, and the X360 itself will power off, but the PSU will stay on charging the controller until it is fully charged. It'll then go into standby mode.

HTH.

2. Nismo

Capodecina

I thought that was common knowledge? (although I never actually found any reference to it in the crappy documentation, bit of a daft omission)

You dont have to turn it off from the controller either, it works for me by pressing the main on/off button on the console.

3. roboffer

Sgarrista

Yeah someone mentioned it before on here in the thread about them from Game, as I was unaware of it before then. Great feature :)

4. IceAx

Soldato

Great feature IMO

Andy

5. jkrohn1

Gangster

Yeah I seen a thread with the same info but thanks for sharing I’m sure not everyone seen the original thread thanks

6. Chris1712

Sgarrista

Another idea is to use an old powered usb hub you've got lying around, and charge them all off that while ure asleep!

7. Sone

Sgarrista

normally use my 360 to charge my ipod (use it to listen to a bit of music at night), will have ago to see if it will charge that too :D

8. Wyrdo

Capodecina

Didn't know that! I've been charging mine from my PC at night as that's on 24/7

9. jkrohn1

Gangster

I charged mine last night and fell asleep when i woke this morning it wasnt fully charged its like it discharged when the 360 turned off? (after charged)