XBOX 360 Silence isn't golden

Soldato
Ahh right I see. Cheers Davey.

I couldn't get my head around how the lead from the speakers was splitting (hadn't thought of a splitter until my edit) and so I was thinking that it was normally like that - hence why I couldn't draw the comparison to ones I have bought previously.

LadFromWales, any recommendations on the Logitechs?

Caporegime
Z5500, I've got them and they're lovely :)

Got them hooked up to my PC via analogue and my 360 via Digital. Can easily use the control centre to switch between them at will and plug in Headphones for some late night gaming.

Associate
Depends how much you want to spend...

Can't link to the logitech speaker page as it also sells, or at least lists prices, but, looking down the list.

G51 has 6 channel direct, and stereo

Z-10 has an auxiliary input, probably a 3.5mm phone jack like your pc soundcard, and the pc input (obviously)

Z-5500 has digital coax and optical, 6 channel direct, but allows you to split the 3 connectors into 3 separate devices, and a single set of RCA's, for a total of 6 devices!

Z-5450 is same as Z-5500 for connectivity

Z-2300 has two inputs

Z-4/i has an auxiliary input

X-240 has an mp3 player cradle, so i'm guessing it has a 3.5mm plug or something

X-140 has an auxiliary input

Depends what ya want though mate...2 channel, 5 channel, sub?

Man of Honour
Z5500, I've got them and they're lovely :)

Got them hooked up to my PC via analogue and my 360 via Digital. Can easily use the control centre to switch between them at will and plug in Headphones for some late night gaming.

I agree with numbnuts here :p

Got my Wii, PS3, 360 and PC all going into them :)

The headphone port is a fantastic feature.

Soldato
The way I get sound whilst using the VGA cable connected to a monitor is using a couple of adapters plugged into the amp that came with my Speedlink Medusa headphones. The 2 adapters you'll need are as follows:

3.5mm Audio Jack Coupler
3d_1_b.JPG

Available here

3.5mm Stereo to 2 Phono Adapter
0428_1.JPG

Available here

Then all you need is a set of speakers or headphones with an amp. I personally use a set of these:

bc23_1_b.JPG

However as long as your chosen speakers/headphones has an amp then you can use whatever set you like. Without an amp, the sound will be unbelievably quiet and you'll have no way of increasing the volume. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom