xbox 360 weird problem

Associate
OP
Wow VIRII, thanks mate. I just phoned them and they said they will swap it anyway, I wouldn't bother repacking an xbox for no reason, I would much rather it just work.

Thanks everyone

Soldato
VIRII said:
During the first 6 months I do not believe that you have to prove it, the onus is on the retailer to prove that it is not faulty.
Moreover intermittent faults are extremely hard to replicate and prove. Hence "varied and intermittent faults" such as graphical glitches is a handy phrase when returning an item.

That said pictures of the problem won't hurt. However some instore muppet might try to "diagnose" the problem if you give them too much ammunition.
I think it best to simply say it has X fault on an intermittent basis, I would like a relacement or refund as per my statutory rights afforded under the Sale of Goods Act please".

I retract my statement, thanks for the excellent advice :)

MB

Soldato
Mine had a similar graphical glitch in GRAW.

Was on one of the single player missions where the trucks would appear like that. (triangular textures appearing from the truck model).

Its they only game I've noticed such a problem.

Should I send mine back?

If I do, what can I do about my HD? Got my gamer profile and loads of save games that I don't want to lose.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
Mine had a similar graphical glitch in GRAW.

Was on one of the single player missions where the trucks would appear like that. (triangular textures appearing from the truck model).

Its they only game I've noticed such a problem.

Same here, was it a truck in a sort of big square with railings, and with one of those ammo containers next to it? Happened when I had the game a few months back.

It only did it once and I've never had anything like it happen in a game before or since, so have had no reason to worry.

Associate
OP
I don't know, it just wound me up because I paid £400 and it was doing weird things. As for your gamer profile, I took my console back to Game (not even the box) and the guy put my hard drive on the new console for me so I could keep my stuff!

Permabanned
theMAD2 said:
Just took the console back to Game today, they swapped it for a new one no problem at all :D

Glad to hear it. You would not believe the aggro that I had. I suppose I could have avoided all the aggro by accepting the managers word that I had to go via MS and walking out but he had one of those faces, voices attitudes etc and he was utterly, totally and completely wrong.
Then he sulked a lot and refused to talk to me. Then he started shaking and called security who called the police when I refused to leave the shop until I got my replacement and so on and so on.

Then I walked about 100 yards to the other Game in Hemel and swapped it over with no problems at all.

Associate
OP
Then he sulked a lot and refused to talk to me. Then he started shaking and called security who called the police when I refused to leave the shop until I got my replacement and so on and so on.
It's when they call the special forces and then the army that you want to start thinking about leaving :p

That's not on though mate, when you spend near £400 on a console you want it to at least work properly! It's worth trying a different store, because I called my original store and they said they 'might' be able to swap it, so then I called my local store and they said yeah swap it over no problem. So there can't be a policy, it must be down to their level of customer service?!

edit: sorry mate, just missed the last bit. Just goes to show I guess! They can help if they really want to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom