XBOX 360

Associate
I've just sold my PSP on Ebay - I didn't really play it enough, and don't think the games, and the lack of exciting forthcoming releases made it worth keeping.

Is an XBOX 360 genuinely worth investing in? or is it prudent to wait a while for the prices to slip down a bit when the supply increases, and / or wait to see what Sony and Nintendo have to offer?

Associate
OP
Can the system be connected easily to a PC monitor so I can play it in the comfort of the spare-room, and not infringe on the wife's viewing of Holby City, 10 Years Younger etc, etc....

Associate
Don't bother waiting for a price reduction that's not going to happen until next christmas at the earliest, more likely it will be next year when the PS3 is released over here.

Also yes you can connect it to a pc monitor I have mine connected to my Dell atm and it looks very nice :)

Associate
I'm using a VGA cable atm which I bought online for £11.99, my monitor has DVI and vga inputs so I just connect it up via the vga port and can easily switch between pc/xbox.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Scratchy said:
I'm using a VGA cable atm which I bought online for £11.99, my monitor has DVI and vga inputs so I just connect it up via the vga port and can easily switch between pc/xbox.

Exactly what I do. works a treat.

Associate
OP
I just have a pretty old Monitor, not an LCD, the only cables coming out of it, are those which connect to the plug in the wall, and the other into the PC it'self.

I don't know what I would need [other than a decent monitor?!]

Soldato
sandy10 said:
Is an XBOX 360 genuinely worth investing in? or is it prudent to wait a while for the prices to slip down a bit when the supply increases, and / or wait to see what Sony and Nintendo have to offer?
I would say that even at the launch price of £279 it's well worth the money. It's a bargain really when you consider what you're getting.

Associate
sandy10 said:
I just have a pretty old Monitor, not an LCD, the only cables coming out of it, are those which connect to the plug in the wall, and the other into the PC it'self.

I don't know what I would need [other than a decent monitor?!]

You could still use your monitor it just means you would have to keep switching the vga cable back and forth depending on whether you wanted to use the xbox or pc.

Caporegime
sandy10 said:
I've just sold my PSP on Ebay - I didn't really play it enough, and don't think the games, and the lack of exciting forthcoming releases made it worth keeping.

The supply has increased, if i wanted one today I could get one. I dont think the price is going to chnage too much on the premium over 12 months. Maybe the core will come down £30 for christmas but I dont see much more to come off it just yet. It was quite a while before the original xbox came down. With no other next gen out for a while they dont really need to chop that much off and compared to previous console prices they are a bargain anyway.

Soldato
If your monitor only has a VGA lead that is hard wired into the monitor rather than an actual vga socket,as many older ones did, then you will also need a gender changer, otherwise you will end up with 2 male VGA ends. They only cost a couple of quid though.

Associate
OP
Ok you are convincing me!....I've looked on the 'net at the usual retailers and the Premium seems to be out of stock at the moment

But now it appears I can play it on a monitor, it looks the way to go!.

Caporegime
Premiums are in stock at lots of places online, see Link removed, as it links to sooo many competitors - Davey . :)

What you could do at Comet is a store pick-up if you want, just go to your local store, tell them its on the web-site, and they can order it for you to arrive at the store so you can just go and pick it up, takes a couple of days, or just get it delivered to your house, whichever would be easy for you, also the store pick-up is handy just in case no ones going to be in that day, saves you having to go through all the dates to find one when someone is going to be in. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well impressed with mine, only got it about 5-6 weeks ago, got PGR3, King Kong, and Condemned with it to, just completed Condemned last night, cracking game, thoroughly enjoyed it, going to start King Kong now, or i may do a bit more of PGR3, i decided to give that a rest for a bit and start Condemned, but seen as thats finished now as said i may go back to it or start King Kong. :cool:

Bloody brilliant machines, theres some cracking games coming. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom