xbox 360?

Associate
If i go for the cheaper 360 what am i missing out on? Will i be able to play online without a hard drive? how much are the drives if i decided to go ahead an get one?

My prob is i want a new console but cant afford £300, I have about £200 to spend.
Would u recomend saving forr the premium?

Man of Honour
Marshmule said:
If i go for the cheaper 360 what am i missing out on? Will i be able to play online without a hard drive? how much are the drives if i decided to go ahead an get one?

My prob is i want a new console but cant afford £300, I have about £200 to spend.
Would u recomend saving forr the premium?
Thing is, you've got £200 to spend, but what about games and maybe an extra controller? That'll stick it up to at least £250. For £280, you can get the premium, which comes with the HDD, headset and wireless controller, plus an extra wireless controller and a game in most bundles, and some bundles for £280-£300 you'll get 2 games. A lot better value for money.

Soldato
deSade said:
As I said though - if he can't afford the premium & wants to play now, there's nothing wrong with going for the core.

I never said there was anything wrong with buying the core.

The fact is however, the premium version is far better value for money, especially when you consider most of the extras you get with the premium will end up being bought as seperate anyway at more cost.

Soldato
But there is nothing wrong with the core. I mean, you could get the core model and ask Santa for the extra bits, or buy them with money given as presents.

Yes the Premium is a really good deal, but if you want to save £80 now, then why not?

Soldato
I bought a core then eventually a separate Hard Drive. Cost me a few quid more but was much more convenient when the 360 failed and had to be returned to Game, as I didnt have to return the HD with all the game saves on.

I ran it for a few months perfectly happilly online with just a memory card. Only bought the Hard drive for downloading demo's.

Soldato
Sagalout said:
... but was much more convenient when the 360 failed and had to be returned to Game, as I didnt have to return the HD with all the game saves on.

You don't anyway, they send back your faulty 360 with a brand new HD and box etc and give you the 360 from the new one.

Soldato
Plus you need to add the price of a memory card to whatever the core system costs..(you need something to save your games on).

Plus you will not be able to download any of the game demos,movie trailers etc on live without the ext harddrive.

I say forget the core and save up for a little longer and get the premium..

The core has

(1) No HD AV cable
(2) No wireless controller
(3) No ext harddrive
(4) No headset
(5) No ethernet cable

Try pricing them items up on there own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom