PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
Lego's VIP store has been offering 2 week game pass codes in exchange for 250 VIP points for quite a while now.
Ordinarily you'd have to buy Lego products to accrue VIP points, however new account can earn 200 points by simply completing a few trivial activities; atm it's a quiz, clicking a few links, and filling in a pair of single question surveys.

More interestingly the activities change every few months, so stock up on multiple 200 point VIP accounts now, and then redeem lots of free game pass codes later :p

Soldato
This just doesn't seem to want to work for me. If the app isn't constantly closing itself automatically after just opening it, now I've tried to start Outer Worlds and the game just wont launch

Caporegime
OP
This just doesn't seem to want to work for me. If the app isn't constantly closing itself automatically after just opening it, now I've tried to start Outer Worlds and the game just wont launch

I don't consider Game Pass for PC a thing any more. It's just a fiction of my imagination. Like you, some games won't work at all - Blair Witch Project, Forza Horizon 4. And I detest the way things download to encrypted folders. So I've given up on it and will wait for Xcloud to come to Windows 10 now. Luckily, I have a PS4 Pro to fall back on and can play some of the GP titles like Resident Evil VII on there. If I like a game enough, I'll then buy it on Steam instead.

Soldato
Halo MCC seems to work - though I did need to download the game twice. But I just can't seem to get anything else to work.

A shame as at £4 a month it's an amazing deal.

edit: Sussed the issue. was stemming from not having the game bar set up.

Last edited:
Associate
I am very sure the Xbox app is killing my internet connection the moment I try and download the Outer Worlds.

I am running some Powerline adapters, and I can game and browse the Internet just fine for hours normally. Then I fire up the app and within minutes the download stops, web browsers says I’m not connected and Windows says similar.

Worst of all, my powerline adapters feed into a WiFi router in my room as well. It kills the internet connection on that as well. So no internet on my iPhone or laptop any more.

If I log into the master router downstairs, I can normally see the IP address of both my PC and my bedroom router. But when I launch the Xbox app and lose connection, on the admin page the IP addresses for both disappear.

The only thing that seems to fix it is closing the app and then power cycling the powerline adapter.

Mad.

Soldato
Weird all these problems people are reporting, been running this for months, installed a dozen games and other than Flight Simulator 2020 install never had any issues.

Nearly finished Resident Evil 7, very linear but the scare factor has made it far more exciting than it should be, really enjoyed it.

Associate
Weird all these problems people are reporting, been running this for months, installed a dozen games and other than Flight Simulator 2020 install never had any issues.

Nearly finished Resident Evil 7, very linear but the scare factor has made it far more exciting than it should be, really enjoyed it.

You should try re7 in VR on the playstation, very atmospheric.

Associate
So as an update, because it was the only thing I could do, was to buy new powerline adapters (I had old kit cobbled together from different sets).

Now the Xbox app appears to be working fine, the downloads are progressing without killing my internet.

I still don't know why it was only the Xbox app that could crash my powerline network but oh well. At least it's fixed.

Man of Honour
Bit of a result really, I cancelled my EA access when Gamepass came along because I just wasnt using it as much as Gamepass, so now I will end up getting it back again for "free"

Back
Top Bottom