PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Man of Honour
£96 a year is still good value if you play more than 4 games a year. I've played 8 over the past year so won't grudge it.

Yup, thats pretty much how I'm looking at it, there arent many places where you can play a brand new, day one release £49.99 game for just £9.99 a month or whatever the price will be. Wastelands 3 for example is £55 on Steam, so you could play it for 5 months on Gamepass and it would still be cheaper than buying it on Steam. Considering all the games I get on gamepass and that its less than the price of 1 takeaway per month, for me at least its still great value. Gamepass has already saved me probably £100 , at least, on games that I might have otherwise bought in the last year.

Soldato
Yup, thats pretty much how I'm looking at it, there arent many places where you can play a brand new, day one release £49.99 game for just £9.99 a month or whatever the price will be. Wastelands 3 for example is £55 on Steam, so you could play it for 5 months on Gamepass and it would still be cheaper than buying it on Steam. Considering all the games I get on gamepass and that its less than the price of 1 takeaway per month, for me at least its still great value. Gamepass has already saved me probably £100 , at least, on games that I might have otherwise bought in the last year.

£7.99/month. The beta period was at a 50% discount (i.e. £3.99/month).

Ultimate is £10.99/month, and adds Game Pass for Xbox, xCloud, Xbox Live Gold, and EA Play.

Soldato
I think for me the value is not just the big releases, but the games I wouldn't have played otherwise. I recently played 'golf with friends' with some friends, and it was great fun. Would I have bought it otherwise? Unlikely, and would we have all bought it, even more unlikely. But because we all had game pass it was simple to just have a game.

Soldato
£96 a year is still good value if you play more than 4 games a year. I've played 8 over the past year so won't grudge it.

They aren't games I'd have bought though. It's borderline shovelware some of it. Plus if I buy single player games on disc ill sell them so I probably don't spend more than £50 a year on games now.
It was just a filler until I get PS5. So I get how it can make sense for some but for me not anymore.
The value of it is very subjective but I think its pretty good for 99% of people.

Soldato
Doubling the price is just too abrupt. I doubt many people will stick with it.
There no way i be paying £22 :eek: per month if they double the price
Just like Netflix i used to pay £5.99 per month now it £11.99

My Ultimate game pass is up somewhere around 02/2022 so i have a little over a year

Last edited:
Soldato

My Ultimate game pass is up somewhere around 02/2022 so i have a little over a year
Only the PC game pass is doubling from 3.99 to 7.99.

Soldato
Yep ^^

Only the pc version is increasing which at £7.99 brings it inline with the console only game pass which has been at £7.99 for a while. Then ultimate which will stay the same price as it was already higher and pay a little bit more to reap its benefits.

Soldato

No need to panic. PC Game Pass was 50% off while in beta. Nothing is doubling in price. Nothing is increasing in price. A long-term 50% discount is simply ending. It's been known since the service was announced that this would happen.

It has zero effect on Ultimate prices.

Soldato
Any way of streaming the games on here to an Nvidia shield yet? The DRM means you can't just add them as a non-steam game and play via the Steam Link app :/

Quite a few controller suited games I'd happily pay £8/month for a couple of months for, but without being able to stream them, that idea is dead in the water

Associate
So you subscribe and download the game you want to play, then what? Does it stay on your machine? I downloaded and played a bit of Wasteland 3 and after I quit, the game was removed and re-downloaded when I started the app?!?!?!?!

Man of Honour
So you subscribe and download the game you want to play, then what? Does it stay on your machine? I downloaded and played a bit of Wasteland 3 and after I quit, the game was removed and re-downloaded when I started the app?!?!?!?!

You've got something wrong there then, I have several games installed and none of them uninstall themselves when I stop playing them

Back
Top Bottom