PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
So you subscribe and download the game you want to play, then what? Does it stay on your machine? I downloaded and played a bit of Wasteland 3 and after I quit, the game was removed and re-downloaded when I started the app?!?!?!?!

Welcome to the wonder that is Microsoft Store downloads. Nothing to do with the Xbox Game Pass. Its the cronic delivery system. Bit of a lottery sometimes. SOD2 was the worse game to be fair get to 91% then goes right back to 20%.

Associate
Welcome to the wonder that is Microsoft Store downloads. Nothing to do with the Xbox Game Pass. Its the cronic delivery system. Bit of a lottery sometimes. SOD2 was the worse game to be fair get to 91% then goes right back to 20%.

Yeah I couldn't see any settings that might relate to it so guess just a bug. Wouldn't have surprised me though if that was the way it worked :p

Soldato
Any way of streaming the games on here to an Nvidia shield yet? The DRM means you can't just add them as a non-steam game and play via the Steam Link app :/

Quite a few controller suited games I'd happily pay £8/month for a couple of months for, but without being able to stream them, that idea is dead in the water

Install rainway on your PC host and then use rainway on the Shield; Rainway is effectively a game streaming software with a front end built in that allows you to see all the games isntalled and also control steam installed games..

I've got rainway installed on my Sony x950G, Nvidia Shields etc. and it works really well. I find nvidia gpus better at streaming than AMD historically but haven't tried the latest gen amd to say if that is still true.

Soldato
Did not get the lag when saving myself, but some people said they do and suggested they restart the game, not sure if that works or not. For me the loading times between areas was a pain! Seemed pretty long at times and more so when some quests meant going into and out of areas over and over.

Associate
Did not get the lag when saving myself, but some people said they do and suggested they restart the game, not sure if that works or not. For me the loading times between areas was a pain! Seemed pretty long at times and more so when some quests meant going into and out of areas over and over.

Definitely needs a global map for fast travel in places, pain in the ass long loading times for one area, then to load again a few seconds later as you just wanted to pass through it :/ really sucks some enjoyment out of the game

Associate
Are there any games which are going to be for the Xbox Series S/X only and not come to the game pass?

Wondering if it's worth buying a new Xbox or not, cause if the games are going to be on game pass for PC too then..no point is there?

Associate
Are there any games which are going to be for the Xbox Series S/X only and not come to the game pass?

Wondering if it's worth buying a new Xbox or not, cause if the games are going to be on game pass for PC too then..no point is there?

PC Game Pass only contains smaller selection of what's available on the Xbox One and games come and go on a monthly basis. There are just over 200 games available to PC players at the moment (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games?=pcgames), whilst there are thousands of games available for the Xbox One natively. I'm sure it will be the same for the Series S/X.

Last edited:
Associate
PC Game Pass only contains smaller selection of what's available on the Xbox One and games come and go on a monthly basis. There are just over 200 games available to PC players at the moment (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games?=pcgames), whilst there are thousands of games available for the Xbox One natively. I'm sure it will be the same for the Series S/X.

Ah right! That changes things then!

I stupidly signed up for the £1 Ultimate trial today forgetting I could have used it for that xbox live ultimate trick..

Associate
Quick question.

Does this xbox live gold to ultimate trick still work, if so how do I do it?

For example, do I buy 3 of these - 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - (EU)

Redeem 1, then allow reccuring billing, then cancel, then redeem another code, do this for all 3.

Then purchase a month of ultimate (either full price or £1 if the offer ever appears again), then it will convert all of that xbox live gold to ultimate?

Or does it only work with the £1 trial?

Caporegime
Can someone provide steps or breakdown how you get this gamepass for cheap for 3 years, most of the steps seem to be referencing for the xbox, that and surely if you buy one of the below, it limits you to just the xbox, I want this just for PC.....

Hd9qKUO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom